6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi. I have recently bought an Apollo X4 to use as an interface. I have connected it to Studio One Pro. However, I have realised when I connect a microphone to say, input 4 it is picking up all audio from other tracks - even when the mic track isn’t armed. It plays a meter through that track. Which stops when I stop play. Obviously I have foolishly routed something wrong!?! Any ideas?

Thanks
by Tacman7 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Good equipment worth the investment!

Probably easier to run through what you've done so far?

Course we need to know your platform, computer specs etc.

You setup the interface here:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/S ... Device.htm

Then you have to setup the I/O:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/S ... Output.htm

You did those two steps?

The input parameter on an audio track needs to be set to the input where your mic is plugged in.

So you would have to make an input and name it in the I/O setup and point it to where your mic is.

Then you choose that input you setup in the track parameter so you can tell the track where to get its input from.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by shaunliddell on Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:22 pm
Thanks Tacman!

The mic is in input 3. Set to mic on Apollo and in I/o it is set to Apollo and 3. The track seems to be getting signal from all other tracks. I am on Catalina. Old 2013 Mac. 32 ram.

I will check those links but I was sure it was ok as I am getting mic input
by mikemanthei on Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:36 pm
Do you by chance have something selected as a "MixFX" engine? The crosstalk feature can exhibit anomalies like you describe

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Tacman7 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:18 pm
So you made an mono input, named it and have it connected to input 3 in your I/O setup.

Then you select whatever you named this mono input on the track input parameter.

Lastly hit the monitor button on the track to hear live input.

That's if you want to monitor through the software, through the DAW.

Some interfaces have other choices like zero latency monitoring, which is just monitoring through the interface only where it can have lower latencies.

You have lot of choices but it would be good to learn to use it this way then look into your other options.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:56 am
On Studio One's mixer, at the Input section, simply select "No audio" or "Audio Off" (I forgot as I'm away from the computer) except where you want to record from, which in your case would be ch. 4, so that you have a mono signal through the Studio One channel(s) of your choice. That channel will be set to be record armed, and monitor (on), which you'll then be able to listen and record from. That's it. There's no signal flow confusion when just remembering to set that initial path. You have 4 input tracks from your audio device, that you'll have to either prepare which to use, or turn off. ;)

Of course with the X4, you have the added ability to select on board effects to record in real time if you choose with little to no latency.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

6 posts
Page 1 of 1