3 posts
Page 1 of 1
8 Core 64 bit Win 10, Studio 192 Mobile, Digimax DP88 (just hooked it up!), Faderport, etc

After upgrading my computer and moving all of my songs over, I have the EXACT problem as is in this older thread - viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30727

But the solution contained inside didn't work, unless I'm being dense and hitting a step wrong:

1. Use an audio interface with two stereo inputs (1/2 and 3/4). Set the S1 I/O setup accordingly and save it as default.
2. Create a first new Song from the default template
3. Create track and set the input to 3/4.
4. Save Song
5. Create a second new Song from the default template
6. Use Song Data Import and import the track from the first song
=> Input of that imported track is 1/2 instead of 3/4.

Has anything changed since then 2018? Why would I even have to do this? Ableton (which I mostly use as a sampler) has no problem loading old songs, using Presonus' audio interface! It's unreal.

I've submitted two tickets but that has gone nowhere. Presonus' customer support and retention is just awful.

thanks
-e
by eddiecolmenares on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:32 pm
One strange thing - if I have S1 open, I can still hear other audio, like YouTube, which I thought was a no-go on PCs. Maybe a clue, or do the new 8 core processors handle that now.
by eddiecolmenares on Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:51 pm
SOLVED. Don't know what I did differently, but I got the solution above to work.

Thanks for absolutely nothing Presonus. Seriously, TWO TICKETS that were ignored because the poor excuse of a "tech support" team only have a book of possible solutions and just stopped replying after they had no idea what to do.

And this is after I followed the instructions to the T for moving to another computer. Why is this issue not being addressed after all these years? Why isn't it mentioned in the instructions for moving? This is unacceptable.

And big thanks to the guy who put that solution up. I'd be hosed without you.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1