6 posts
Page 1 of 1
8 core Win10, S1 Pro 5, Studio 192 Mobile, Faderport V2, yada

I tried looking for answers before coming in here, but to no avail.

I moved my daw from my old quad core, to a new 8 core Ryzen (woohoo). But opening my songs in my new computer doesn't work - the audio is silent. If however I open a new song and put an audio file in a track, the audio works as expected. And it's all audio that doesn't work - VSTs as well.

I was told to maybe open a template...? That makes no sense with a saved song. Why doesn't everything just work out of the box? :(

If anyone has any answers, I would be grateful.

thanks
-e
by Tacman7 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like you brought the song but the not the audio.

Did each song have it's own folder?

There's a Media folder maybe where you kept the songs?

There would be folders to keep audio in inside the folder your song was saved in.

Good you got your specs together, click below in my signature to add your specs to your signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Jemusic on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:42 pm
Sounds like the songs created on the previous computer have their audio interface settings from the previous machine on the new machine.

Go to your Options/Audio Setup. Look right up the top next to Audio device. Is the interface on the new machine selected there.

Is the Studio 192 Mobile properly installed on your new machine and working all OK?

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by eddiecolmenares on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:09 am
It sounds like you brought the song but the not the audio.
Not only did I bring the audio, but if I go into the media folder and open any audio files in media player, it plays.

Did each song have it's own folder?
Yes

There's a Media folder maybe where you kept the songs?
Yes

Sounds like the songs created on the previous computer have their audio interface settings from the previous machine on the new machine.

Go to your Options/Audio Setup. Look right up the top next to Audio device. Is the interface on the new machine selected there.

Yep, selected. Here's the thing - if I open a new song and put an audio file in or open a VST synth, audio works. It's only the old songs. If I open the audio files from old songs outside of S1, audio works.

I've been using S1 for a few years and mostly know my way around, so really did all the usual troubleshooting, including uninstalling and reinstalling UC. I'm at a loss :(

Appreciate the answers so far though, thanks :+1

-e
by eddiecolmenares on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:18 am
I should say for lack of a screenshot - when I open songs they look exactly as they should. You can see the audio tracks, mixer, sends etc etc. But playing any song is just.... silent.

However if I open a new song and put an audio file from an old song in, it plays just fine.

I even tried creating a new song and import song data from an old song - no go.

-e
by eddiecolmenares on Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:34 am
Discovered that I have Left + Right main out on all songs, but is missing from setup... Going to get in my old computer and try exporting Audio I/O.

If that is the case, why on earth doesn't that get sent with song data?? :|

-e

6 posts
Page 1 of 1