5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi
I'm having a recent issue with one song.
It has many cracks/pops in the sound.

It's a very simple song: One audio track and two synth vst tracks (sampletank4) + limiter on main.
No other of my songs gives cracks/pops, even songs that are loaded with many tracks and instruments.
And I never had this issue in SO before

Increasing the audio interface buffer does no change.
I also tried saving as new filename, no change.
Saving the song "to new folder" gave me an error prompt (an error log was saved, I don't know the details)

What else can I do or try?
User avatar
by Tacman7 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:32 am
Sorry you're having problems.

That doesn't sound like very much going on to be having problems.

Your other songs they work fine, how many tracks there?

Basically we need to look at what you're doing and how much processing it's taking.

Sometimes we use things that are a lot heavier than we thought. How many notes are you playing on these two tracks?


So for all that we need information, specs about your machine and what you have setup and what you're doing, etc.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.


Studio OnePro5 Melodyne Studio
Studio Computer - Nectar Impact LX25+
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Kitchen Computer - Microkey Air Eris 3.5
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 512GB SSD interface: Motu M2
User avatar
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 am
Check the CPU meter as it does this, does it spike?

Studio One 4.6.2 (still) and 5.3, Win 10, I4770K (no OC), 16GB ram, RME Babyface Pro and tons of plugs. Also an Atom original with latest firmware.
User avatar
by makrelguf on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:30 am
CPU meter is constant very low.

But I just realized.. Studio One is overruling the audio interface buffer settings.
So buffer changes set in audio interface settings are ignored when SO is open.
(Audient ID14 audio interface)
But adjusting it inside SO helped remove the cracks/pops :)

Still strange why that's needed in a song so small and simple, and no issues in much bigger songs.
Cheers
User avatar
by roland1 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:53 pm
Praise Jesus!

[Threw him a bone, though I doubt he fixed it for you.]

But yeah, once in a while a song file is just weird for no reason. Rebel without a cause.

I use: Studio One Pro v5 on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and 4.61 on a Mac Pro Tower (Sierra) w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.

Author: Reality Checks for Everyday Life — Keeping it real in a world of illusions. I can also be found loitering at: http://RolandK.ca

Attention all shoppers: The people in commercials are paid actors.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests