9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Bounce to a New Track does exactly what I want ... say, render a guitar solo in place into a processed file with inserts (Guitar Rig) imprinted. But I only want the resulting file in my Bounce folder for Exporting later. I don't want a new track. If I delete the resulting track, there's a risk I'll delete the file permanently as an "Unused" file when I clean up the Pool.
I know that Mixdown and Stem operations offer alternatives, but with a busy Song that's a lot of workflow, whereas the BNT is essentially a one-click operation.
Hope I'm making sense ...
Is there a simpler method?

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by IanM5 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:16 pm
I think exporting the track as a stem is your best option. It's a few more clicks up front but means your exported track gets a sensible name and location and is safe from being deleted by a later clean up.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by jBranam on Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:41 am
might sound a bit odd but the way i do it is to 'bounce to new track' then after it is finished bouncing hit CTRL+Z which is a global 'undo' action for Window$ and things will revert back to before you 'bounced' in your DAW but if you go look although everything is back to it's previous state in the DAW CTRL+Z does not delete or undelete anything on your drive so what you had just printed beforehand is actually in your song's bounce sub-folder now.

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Tacman7 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:18 am
That actually sounds like just what the OP needs.

There are so many ways to bounce things:

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jBranam on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:11 am
yeah as we say here down South... "there are many ways to skin a cat" lol (cat people probably don't like that old saying) basically there are many routes to get to the same place. that 'route' works with any DAW not just Studio One at least on Window$. i am fairly new to macOS (got a new laptop last year) and although it is similar to unix i don't know all the syntax and functions of that system yet so i can't speak for it... just on Window$ systems. sry

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jBranam on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:24 am
what i like to do mostly is when i create a drum part in midi i then 'Explode Pitches to Tracks' to separate all the kit pieces then i select the individual kit piece tracks and 'Bounce to New Track'. when it finishes i hit CTRL+Z twice to remove the bounce's audio AND put the kit pieces back into one midi track (easier to edit if need be) in the DAW... that way i can go in and grab (copy or cut) all the kit pieces (in audio form (stereo)) from the bounce folder and move them elsewhere for use in other DAWs etc but it works for anything you would want :thumbup:

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jBranam on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:39 am
as a side note before animal activists get their panties in a wad over that old saying... i do not know the origin of the saying but i suspect it refers to skinning a catfish lol if you have ever fished for catfish and had to clean them you would KNOW it is a real pain in the butt to get the skin off of them before cooking. anyways... that saying has been around for hundreds of years. (my family line has been here in North America since 1740) ;) cheers

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by GMHague on Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:13 pm
jBranam wroteas a side note before animal activists get their panties in a wad over that old saying... i do not know the origin of the saying but i suspect it refers to skinning a catfish lol if you have ever fished for catfish and had to clean them you would KNOW it is a real pain in the butt to get the skin off of them before cooking. anyways... that saying has been around for hundreds of years. (my family line has been here in North America since 1740) ;) cheers

Thanks for that bouncing tip! Hopefully the same behaviour works in Windows. Great solution!
As for catfish, that's all we could ever catch in the harbour in far north Western Australia (barramundi in the rivers) but they were generally considered too much hard work to prepare for eating.

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by jBranam on Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:53 pm
not trying to be gross mind you but the way i clean them is...

make a shallow slice all the way around behind the gills just through the skin itself then nail the catfish to a tree (or something similar) through the head to secure it. grab a pair of pliers and grab the skin where you sliced around behind the gills and yank downward... it's like pulling off a pair of socks or stockings. you can remove the skin in one action. go ahead and remove the fish from where it is attached and remove the head completely. take a knife and split from the butt up to the throat on the bottom side and remove the insides from in the rib cavity. it is now ready for the fryer or pan after you rinse it off. catfish can get rather large but since they are bottom feeders i prefer smaller ones to avoid them tasting dirty down near the bones... but hey you can always fillet them :) lovely tasting fish imo

yeah that CTRL+Z works for anything in window$... it undoes the previous action of anything pretty much from the system to the DAWs or any other programs. pretty handy combo imo hope it works for what you want.

cheers

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

9 posts
Page 1 of 1