6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I have a feeling this is a dumb / easy question but I've been through Google and the manual a dozen times and I can't seem to find an answer.

I have been successful in setting up control link on "built in" instruments such as Presence and Sample One, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it for 3rd party instruments such as Kontakt or Omnisphere. For these instruments, when I mouse over and play with the controls in the Instruments window, nothing appears on the left side of the Control Link section. Am I missing something? How are we supposed to setup CC / Control Link with third party instruments and effects in Studio One?

Thanks.

Studio One Pro 5.2
Melodyne 5 Studio
Win 10 Pro
i5 3450 16gb RAM
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
R9 290X
250GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD
MPK mini II and M Audio Hammer 88
AudioBox iTwo
by Tacman7 on Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:07 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

All the 3rd party plugins I tried seem to be working.

On Kontakt I noticed that I clicked on it with a mouse and nothing happened but when I started moving the control then it showed up in the window.

Just a little slow showing up seems like but then it worked normal.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by bradenkowalyk1 on Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:28 pm
Hi, thanks for the quick response!

I have added my setup info into my signature as requested.

So far I have confirmed that it is not working for Kontakt, EW Opus, Arturia Pigments, Massive X, and Omnisphere. I have yet to find a 3rd party instrument that it has worked on. I have attached a screenshot from Kontakt. The steps I used to create this screenshot are as follows:

1. Drag Kontakt from the instrument window on the right to the main tracks window to create a new track with the Kontakt instrument.
2. Loaded Alicia's Keys in Kontakt.
3. Clicked the gear icon to make it blue and have the Control Link ribbon pop up.
4. Clicked and dragged the stereo image spread knob.

I would expect that the left half of the Control Link ribbon would change, but instead it remained as Opus 2 Monitor because that was the last thing I moused over before step 4 above. The same behavior is experienced with other instruments and knobs.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

Attachments
Kontakt Example.png

Studio One Pro 5.2
Melodyne 5 Studio
Win 10 Pro
i5 3450 16gb RAM
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
R9 290X
250GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD
AudioBox iTwo
by bradenkowalyk1 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:26 am
I'm shamefully bumping this thread. I'm still having issues.

Studio One Pro 5.2
Melodyne 5 Studio
Win 10 Pro
i5 3450 16gb RAM
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
R9 290X
250GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD
AudioBox iTwo
by Tacman7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:56 am
Sorry this one got away from me.

I didn't setup control link, I was having enough trouble seeing the numbers when I move a knob.

I finally got it working when I made a new track with a carbon electra synth then hit the monitor button then select recently touched in the control drop down and I was connecting to everything.

So it can get stuck on an old parameter maybe.

Is that where you're having a problem?

AutomationConnect.jpg

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by bradenkowalyk1 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:36 pm
Thank you! I managed to figure out the problem. I needed to check "Recently Touched" in the drop down. Everything works as expected now.

Studio One Pro 5.2
Melodyne 5 Studio
Win 10 Pro
i5 3450 16gb RAM
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
R9 290X
250GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD
AudioBox iTwo

6 posts
Page 1 of 1