23 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Any news on if Presonus is going to work more directly with SSL to support the UC1 (i.e., track follow a la Softube Console 1)?

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by jonhamilton2 on Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:39 pm
Watching this thread, very interested in this product.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by mycbeats on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:25 am
Studio One is listed on the SSL page as having official support for UC1 and Plugin Mixer.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by firegs on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 am
mycbeats wroteStudio One is listed on the SSL page as having official support for UC1 and Plugin Mixer.

Yes, but it doesnt follow track selection like the Console 1 does.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by graytermedia on Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:59 pm
I have a UF8 and UC1 combo. Track follow works IF you leave the SSL Channel strip plugin open. I thought it was a bug at first, but the more I use them, I think the design is intentional if you have both. You can be adjusting your kick fader on the UF8, while tweaking your bass EQ on the UC1. This can only happen if they're "unlinked" from each other (and Studio One). I can see needing the units linked with track follow at times, and I've found the only way to do that is by having the plugin open.

This track follow means that when you click on a track in Studio One, the UC1 will follow. What it doesn't do (as of now) is go the other way around. If you turn the Channel dial on the UC1, it won't select tracks in Studio One. It will, however, move with (and select) tracks within the 360 App.

My guess is SSL is still working on things, but Studio One has the best integration of all DAW's that it supports as of now. It works 10 time better than the Console 1 with Pro Tools. I've used it with PT, S1 and Nuendo and I like S1's integration the best.

To those thinking about the SSL system, I can say after a few days of use, it's totally worth it. I'm selling my Console 1+Fader because this is a much improved user experience.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by firegs on Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:32 pm
Don't disagree with any of that. I have a UC1 already, as well as a Console 1 - and I'm just curious if Studio One is going to end up helping out SSL as they have with Softube in getting track follow working without the plugin window open. Console 1 does follow track selections in the track view, mixer, as well as via Faderport 8/16.

To be frank, I didn't realize Console 1 even did that, and I don't actually miss it with the UC1 - I'm just hoping Presonus helps SSL with that support, or vice versa.

by webhamster on Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:08 am
I know this is an older thread, but we do have DAW integration now.

However, I don't think it's an improvement, since it's very buggy. Solo and mutes act strange at times, and the SSL channelstrips add lots of empty undo steps.

Does anyone know if you can disable DAW integration? I know using the AU plugins instead of VST3 is an option, but I'd prefer to keep using VST3 (in case at some point the bugs are fixed).

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by ryanconway1 on Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:47 am
Hey all-

Checking up on here to see what the current status of this is. I'm eyeballing a UC1 and UF1 combo.

Does track follow currently work and what is the overall workflow- still buggy?

Thanks!

5950x Win11 (Awesome!)
3x 7980xe hacks with Catalina
36TB server 10Gbe network
HDSPe MADI in TB enclosure (2), Focusrite Red8Pre (2), Quantum, Studio 192
S1 Pro, PT|Ultimate, Logic, Ableton, Wavelab
Console1, Avid Artist Mix and Dock, Kontrol 88 and 69mkii.
by kenl4 on Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:55 pm
ryanconway1 wroteHey all-

Checking up on here to see what the current status of this is. I'm eyeballing a UC1 and UF1 combo.

Does track follow currently work and what is the overall workflow- still buggy?

Thanks!

I just got a UF1 a few days ago so take the following with a grain of salt, new user possibly doing something dumb.

No track follow that I can tell. I found it very hard to figure out how to switch tracks from the UF1, either it's buggy or I'm doing it wrong. There is no way that I know of to select a track in S1 and have the UF1 recognize it (e.g. fader position moves).

At this point I may return it. The metering is nice-to-have but for my use case, the faderport2 turns out to be better so far.
by jeroenvdv on Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:19 am
SSL UF1 - Custom device

Hi all. I've created a User Device for the SSL UF1 single fader controller to make it follow the selected channel in Studio One (and vica versa), just like the default Faderport 1 behaviour.

Extract the .zip in:
WINDOWS
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 6\User Devices
MAC (please anyone with Mac, confirm?)
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Presonus/Studio One 6/User Devices

This should result in an "SSL" folder within the User Devices Folder.
Restart Studio One, add External Device (Solid State Logic > UF1) and select the correct SSL VMIDI ports just like with the regular setup.

DOWNLOAD (click the download icon on the top right of the Drive page)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRhY_j ... sp=sharing

Let me know if this works or you have any questions / problems!

Attachments
SSL_UF1_001.PNG
by conradwinchester on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:00 am
Hi Jeroenvdv,

Thank you, I have an m1 macbook pro and can confirm that your custom device works well in Studio One 6.2.

I have to say I a very surprised by the channel follow not working out of the box as is clearly demonstrated in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4THa6F2nIY&t=37s

at about 10:47.

I really thought I must be missing something or doing something wrong as this did not work for me without using your device.

Surely `ssl must be aware of this and doing something about it?
by conradwinchester on Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:59 am
Looks like its a known issue for projects with a small number of tracks

https://support.solidstatelogic.com/hc/ ... -with-UF1-

They say they might do something about it in 360 1.6

Fingers crossed.
by kenl4 on Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:20 pm
jeroenvdv wroteSSL UF1 - Custom device

Hi all. I've created a User Device for the SSL UF1 single fader controller to make it follow the selected channel in Studio One (and vica versa), just like the default Faderport 1 behaviour.

Extract the .zip in:
WINDOWS

Restart Studio One, add External Device (Solid State Logic > UF1) and select the correct SSL VMIDI ports just like with the regular setup.

I just tried this and wow, does it work like a treat. Thank you @jeroenvdv !!
(macos 13.5, S1 6.5, SSL 1.5.17).

I had purchased the UF1 a few months ago, tried it and was unhappy so went back to my faderport. Your fix makes the UF1 usable.
by mixedbymatty on Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 pm
Just a heads up for Mac Users.

In order to find the devices folder, you need to right-click the Studio One 6 application. Then click Show Package Content. Then you will see the devices folder.

Thanks so much for creating this! Works like a charm!

Mixing & Mastering Engineer
https://mixandmastermysong.com
by stuartmaxwell on Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:12 pm

Extract the .zip in:
WINDOWS

Thanks for sharing this @jeroenvdv

It's still useful even with V 1.6 of 360.

Outside of 360 plugin mode DAW mode seems to be constrained to the 8 channel bank in which you currently are, which is very annoying,

I managed to get it fully functional by using the External device from your profile set to SSL MIDI V-MIDI PORT 1

Then also install the Mackie Control device as per the SSL manual , but put this on SSL MIDI V-MIDI PORT 2

Now follow DAW works properly everywhere.

Thought this info may be useful to others experiencing the same issue.
by ericma2 on Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:26 pm
Wow this sounds awesome. How's the plugin integration? Sends? Cue sends? Fader flip?

Thanks yall
Last edited by ericma2 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by redskyroad on Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:33 pm

Extract the .zip in:
WINDOWS

ALSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! Thanks for this! I almost thought I made a mistake getting the UF1 as my first fader controller.

AMD Ryzen 3900X 12-Core 4GHz // 16GB RAM // M.2 SSD
Studio One 6 (latest version)
Windows 11 Pro
RME Babyface Soundcard
Arturia Keylab 88 MIDI controller
SSL UF1 Controller
by redskyroad on Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:25 pm

Extract the .zip in:
WINDOWS

Will this device need updating as UF1 firmware and S1 software changes?

Windows 11 Pro
RME Babyface Soundcard
SSL UF1 Controller
by ericma2 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:35 am
Hey all, I'm about to buy a UF1 but wanted to know how it's working out for you guys so far? With the custom device file? Any glitches? Things working pretty smooth as they should?
I'm trying to decide between the UF1 or a tube drive saturator hardware - they're both around the same price.

Thanks

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by redskyroad on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:07 am
ericma2 wroteHey all, I'm about to buy a UF1 but wanted to know how it's working out for you guys so far? With the custom device file? Any glitches? Things working pretty smooth as they should?
I'm trying to decide between the UF1 or a tube drive saturator hardware - they're both around the same price.

Thanks

This Custom Device file works PERFECTLY! My UF1 works like a dream

Windows 11 Pro
RME Babyface Soundcard
SSL UF1 Controller

23 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2