6 posts
Page 1 of 1
If anyone is familiar with the old Frontier Tranzport, a wireless transport for daws - it has a dial that automatically scrolls the cursor left and right.

Is there a way to assign an ATOM knob to do this function in Studio One?
by Baphometrix on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:46 am
No. Not on the Atoms. Under the "Song" button you'll find an option to scroll back and forth through Sections or Markers, but there's no general "Scroll" feature on the Atom.

However, if you have a Faderport/8/16, there's a "Scroll" feature there, but it scrolls one full bar at a time.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by johncorda on Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:56 am
Bummer, well looks like my old Frontier Tranzport (usb wireless dongle) lives to see another day, pretty useful when not near the computer screens - I haven't set it up for this new system yet but I don't anticipate any problems. Still nice to have additional transport controls (and more) on the Atom (usb wired).

Edit: Although I don't see why Presonus can't add MIDI control to moving the cursor.
by bruceqld on Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:16 am
Check out Bome Midi Translator Pro. With it you can map pretty much anything to anything! Brilliant software that works perfectly and has a multitude of uses.

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by pawelhebda on Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:23 am
Of course Atom has "scroll" feature. Simply press "Set Loop" and use 4-th encoder.
by paullafaver on Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:19 pm
pawelhebda wroteOf course Atom has "scroll" feature. Simply press "Set Loop" and use 4-th encoder.

Thank you for that answer! I looked everywhere to try to find it. The Atom knob seems like the logical choice for a linear object but there isn't anything in the manual for it. (At least no that I found)

6 posts
Page 1 of 1