5 posts
Page 1 of 1
In the earlier days of Studio One, I collaborated with a friend by using Google's Drive desktop program to sync our shared working directory. Provided each of us made sure everything was sync'd in GDrive when we were done and that we didn't try to both open the same project, it worked great.

I'm getting back to work on music again after a couple of years off and I will be upgrading Studio One 3 Artist to 5 Pro (or Sphere). I want to be able to work mostly on my studio desktop computer, but have the ability to work remotely sometimes on my laptop.

I know Studio One has come a long way, so I'd appreciate suggestions for how to best set things up so that I can work from two workstations, either to collaborate with someone else or just to work remotely sometimes myself.

Thank you!
by themaartian on Tue May 25, 2021 12:04 pm
For collaboration, there's a new plugin suite called Satellite Plugins 2.0 from Mixed In Key (Captain Plugins). The Satellite Sessions plugins are free. Can also be used to back up a session on one machine (studio, e.g.) and resume on another machine (laptop, e.g.).

https://mixedinkey.com/satellite/

Tips for using in Studio One: https://mixedinkey.com/satellite/studio-one-user-guide/

phpBB [video]

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by themaartian on Tue May 25, 2021 12:17 pm
I just found this user video. You may find it useful.

phpBB [video]

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by mycbeats on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:44 am
kevinreese wroteIn the earlier days of Studio One, I collaborated with a friend by using Google's Drive desktop program to sync our shared working directory. Provided each of us made sure everything was sync'd in GDrive when we were done and that we didn't try to both open the same project, it worked great.

I'm getting back to work on music again after a couple of years off and I will be upgrading Studio One 3 Artist to 5 Pro (or Sphere). I want to be able to work mostly on my studio desktop computer, but have the ability to work remotely sometimes on my laptop.

I know Studio One has come a long way, so I'd appreciate suggestions for how to best set things up so that I can work from two workstations, either to collaborate with someone else or just to work remotely sometimes myself.

Thank you!

I am personally doing this at me moment.
My two rigs are in my signature.

Studio One itself will not be a problem, what will be is your sample library and 3rd party plugins.
There is an easy fix to the sample library which is to enable "copy external files" in the settings. This will copy any file you drag from the browser or desktop into the timeline or Sample One/Impact to the song folder.

Plugins is more challenging because you need to have the same 3rd party plugins on both systems. For this I recommend using native plugins as much as possible and keeping a small list of go to 3rd party plugins.

You can also transform to audio to freeze the processing and keep the settings in case you want to revert.

Now I just want to calibrate your expectations because theres sooo many variables that can ruin compatibility.
I think its unrealistic to keep bouncing back and fourth sessions between computers and expect 100% compatibility without committing to audio. In the end, ONE system needs to finish off the song which will most likely cut the compatibility with the other systems.

I've personally designated my Windows rig as the main rig and my M1 as a sketchpad. Ideas will start on the M1 get taken to 80% and finished on the main rig - mostly because I don't want to install hundreds of plugins and keep them up to date on two systems (many of which are not even compatible with M1 yet.) In other words, my Windows rig needs to be compatible with the M1 but not vice versa.

For file management, the Studio One user folder on my M1 is synced to dropbox.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by williamdahl on Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm
I have Studio One 5 Artist that " This version of Studio One artist not supported" I tried the support line and they were no help at all. Anyone having this problem also?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1