5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had my MPD218 working fine with studio 3 and studio 4 professional. Got a new desktop and installed the studio one 5 professional.

I have now installed the AKAI MPD218 as an external device for S1 5 and it is not working. The pads are lighting up but it is not triggering anything, including Impact XT.
I initially set it up as a new keyboard but no luck. (Config image attached)
MPD218-1.PNG
Config as a keyboard

Then I set it up as a control surface too. No luck.

Interestingly, when I look at the Midi monitor in studio One and press a pad I can see the Midi signal being received by S1 and the ID (like C1) but it does not trigger Impact XT.

I am at an end and don't know what to do. It used to work fine before....

My system:
Studio One 5 professional
HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop
Intel i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHz
16 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home 674-bit

Thanks a lot for any help!!!
by PreAl on Tue May 25, 2021 1:39 am
Does it trigger other plugins?
How are you setting up the track input?

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
by jimmy botella on Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:50 pm
Hi PreAI,
Just back from trip and read your answer. I followed your suggestion and found that I could trigger my Serum plugin and then the lights came on and I realized my mistake. I did not have my monitor button on in S1!!!! So I could see the midi signals but of course there was no sound at all. I feel really stupid for wasting your time and spending over two hours trying to fix the 'problem'. Some days your brain just doesn't want to work....

Thanks a lot for your help!!! Testing another plugin was the hint to realize my mistake.
:+1
by dougasherman on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:57 pm
jimmy botella wroteI did not have my monitor button on in S1!!!!

Don't feel too bad about this. I and others have done this numerous times.

Studio One 5 Professional (5.3)
Melodyne Editor 5.1.1
Mac Mini OS X 10.15.7 32gb ram
Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
by PreAl on Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 pm
jimmy botella wroteHi PreAI,
Just back from trip and read your answer. I followed your suggestion and found that I could trigger my Serum plugin and then the lights came on and I realized my mistake. I did not have my monitor button on in S1!!!! So I could see the midi signals but of course there was no sound at all. I feel really stupid for wasting your time and spending over two hours trying to fix the 'problem'. Some days your brain just doesn't want to work....

Thanks a lot for your help!!! Testing another plugin was the hint to realize my mistake.
:+1

I think most of us have done that at least once!

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1