9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had my MPD218 working fine with studio 3 and studio 4 professional. Got a new desktop and installed the studio one 5 professional.

I have now installed the AKAI MPD218 as an external device for S1 5 and it is not working. The pads are lighting up but it is not triggering anything, including Impact XT.
I initially set it up as a new keyboard but no luck. (Config image attached)
MPD218-1.PNG
Config as a keyboard

Then I set it up as a control surface too. No luck.

Interestingly, when I look at the Midi monitor in studio One and press a pad I can see the Midi signal being received by S1 and the ID (like C1) but it does not trigger Impact XT.

I am at an end and don't know what to do. It used to work fine before....

My system:
Studio One 5 professional
HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop
Intel i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHz
16 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home 674-bit

Thanks a lot for any help!!!
by PreAl on Tue May 25, 2021 1:39 am
Does it trigger other plugins?
How are you setting up the track input?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jimmy botella on Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:50 pm
Hi PreAI,
Just back from trip and read your answer. I followed your suggestion and found that I could trigger my Serum plugin and then the lights came on and I realized my mistake. I did not have my monitor button on in S1!!!! So I could see the midi signals but of course there was no sound at all. I feel really stupid for wasting your time and spending over two hours trying to fix the 'problem'. Some days your brain just doesn't want to work....

Thanks a lot for your help!!! Testing another plugin was the hint to realize my mistake.
:+1
by dougasherman on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:57 pm
jimmy botella wroteI did not have my monitor button on in S1!!!!

Don't feel too bad about this. I and others have done this numerous times.

Studio One 6 Professional
Melodyne Editor 5.1.1
Mac Studio MacOS Ventura 13.6.5 64gb ram
Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
by PreAl on Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 pm
jimmy botella wroteHi PreAI,
Just back from trip and read your answer. I followed your suggestion and found that I could trigger my Serum plugin and then the lights came on and I realized my mistake. I did not have my monitor button on in S1!!!! So I could see the midi signals but of course there was no sound at all. I feel really stupid for wasting your time and spending over two hours trying to fix the 'problem'. Some days your brain just doesn't want to work....

Thanks a lot for your help!!! Testing another plugin was the hint to realize my mistake.
:+1

I think most of us have done that at least once!

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by adamabdul-hakeem on Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:00 pm
Thats all good and everything. glad you solved that part.. but can you solve mine as my drum pads are not aligned with Impactxt layout? so many keys are not aligned
by Tacman7 on Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:23 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Have you looked through these vids? Also the first result after the vids.

https://www.google.com/search?q=studio+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by matthewgorman on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:04 am
adamabdul-hakeem wroteThats all good and everything. glad you solved that part.. but can you solve mine as my drum pads are not aligned with Impactxt layout? so many keys are not aligned

Do you have the MPD editor downloaded to your machine? That is where you edit the pitches for the pads.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by tristan525 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:11 am
Hi,

I'm running Studio One 4 Pro on a Dell Windows 10, with an i5 quad core processor.

I can't get the MPD218 to trigger the Impact pads. That said, if I highlight the area at the top right of Impact XT that shows the note that corresponds to each pad (e.g. c1, C31, etc.), and I hit the pads on the MPD248, the notes change and correspond to the MPD218 pads.

Bu there's no sound and the Impact XT pads don't highlight when I trigger them. Only the note changes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tristan

9 posts
Page 1 of 1