12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Newbie here.

I just installed StudioOne 5 Pro on my MacBook Pro and can't get any sound out of the DAW. I tried getting sound with both built-in Input and Output, and with Audiobox 96 USB for input and output.

I still can't get any sound at all. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4
-13-inch, 2016,
-Processor: 3.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7
-Memory: 16 GB
by SwitchBack on Tue May 25, 2021 1:59 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

What is it that you're trying to hear? An imported audio track, or an instrument, or a live audio input (from an interface)?

Basically in S1 you have the start page where you can select and set up your interface(s). And then in a song via menu Song - Song Setup - Audio I/O Setup you can add input and output channels for your song and/or link them to the input and output channels of your interface. Note that Audio I/O Setup has tabs for Inputs and Outputs (often missed).

Hope this gets you going :)
by ameliahuerta on Tue May 25, 2021 6:41 pm
Thank you so much for your response! Here's where I'm at with this:

Audio is routed IN and OUT of StudioOne through an AudioBox USB 96.
An audio track imported to StudioOne can be heard through headphones (which are plugged into the AudioBox headphone jack).
Does this mean sound is being properly routed out from StudioOne to the output (AudioBox USB 96)?

Seems good...

However, when I create a new instrument track and select a MIDI instrument, I cannot hear any sound being created by the instrument, although I can see the key lighting up blue when using the mouse to trigger a few notes in the on-screen keyboard.

Additionally, I cannot hear any sound input from the AudioBox USB 96 into StudioOne. I have a mic plugged into input 1 on the AudioBox USB 96. I can hear the signal in my headphones (since the headphones are plugged directly into the AudioBox USB 96) but StudioOne isn't receiving the input for some reason.

I've been working with the I/O setup and song setup, and configured mine like someone's who has the same StudioOne setup as me and it works for them. I have installed the driver for the AudioBox USB 96. Hmmmmm

-13-inch, 2016,
by reggie1979beatz on Tue May 25, 2021 7:37 pm
So if you drag/drop a vst/au, whatever into a track, you can't hear that instrument?

Clearly you are part of the way there but I'm not on mac so I don't know if I can be of any real help.

Bye......:roll:
by SwitchBack on Wed May 26, 2021 3:03 am
Yeah, output seems to be OK so let's focus on inputs.

Easiest to see what's happening is by opening the mixer ('Mix' button) where you can see the output fader and a fader for every audio track and for every instrument track with an instrument on it.

So starting with the instrument track set its fader to 0dB, tap the instrument keys and you should see the meter next to the fader respond. Set the main fader to 0dB too and that meter should move too. Ad you should hear the instrument in your phones.

Then to the audio track you created for your microphone. First increase the height of it so you can see the Record Input field in its header on the left. Make sure that has the name of the input channel you created for the mic input on the USB96 in it. Verify (in Audio I/O setup) that that channel is linked to the interface channel (white 'M'). Then in the mixer set the channel fader to 0dB, sing into the mic and the meter should move.

Did that work?
by ameliahuerta on Wed May 26, 2021 1:17 pm
Thank you so much SwitchBack! I followed your suggestions and here's where I'm at:

-I CAN hear sound from an instrument track (I didn't do anything I'm aware of to make this happen). Yay!

-I can NOT hear sound from my USB96 mic input:
I've verified that the input channel is correct, and that the channel is linked to the interface channel in Audio I/O setup. Then in the mixer I set the channel fader to 0dB. However the meter does not move even though I have a strong mic signal going in to the USB96. I also swept the Mixer knob on the USB96 from left to right to make sure that wasn't cutting the output.

What could I be missing?

-13-inch, 2016,
by shanabit on Wed May 26, 2021 1:26 pm
Hit the monitor button on the audio track you are recording with the mic

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by reggie1979beatz on Wed May 26, 2021 2:07 pm
lolz, I hope it's that easy. BTW, a thing I have checked when opening the wrench in the arranger is "Instrument input follows selection" and "Audio input follows selection"

I prefer for the track I select to have monitoring and record enabled when selected.

Bye......:roll:
by ameliahuerta on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm
Thanks @shanabit and @reggie1979beatz

Even when I have the monitor enabled on the audio track, I'm not getting any sound from the USB96 Interface into Studio One.

I've tried everything I can think of...what am I missing?

-13-inch, 2016,
by ameliahuerta on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:43 am
I contacted PreSonus, and they gave me a simple solution:

"You may need to grant Studio One access to your Microphone. To do this go to your System Preferences --> Security and Privacy and then click the privacy Tab. From here, select Microphone and grant Studio One access if you haven't already done so."

So simple! It worked!!

-13-inch, 2016,
by sdnnhy on Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:46 pm
OMG. Thank you for this. I had the same problem. I never would have figured this out on my own. This fixed it.
by Tacman7 on Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:28 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Me too, first time Mac owner, been thinking about it last year and got a mini and a Apollo Solo before Xmas. Clean machine with really tight integration. So been a learning curve and that was one of the stumbling blocks along with a few others. Once I'm running S1 everything seems the same. MacRumors really helped me out.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

12 posts
Page 1 of 1