3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Was hoping to have my main recording chain setup as a folder bus with my 3/4 inputs and my aux 1 as child tracks and then just duplicate the setup to drag new recorded tracks to.

Currently I have to duplicate the tracks and then re-pack a folder, add bus, rename, recolour, add my plugin chain. Would be great if I could just CTRL+D the bus and it creates a brand new version of everything. Very convenient for tracking guitars for example.

Anyone know if possible in 5? Anyone have any clever workarounds?

Found another feature request here: https://answers.presonus.com/48613/dupl ... le-busses-

please upvote if you want!
by Tacman7 on Tue May 18, 2021 6:55 am
What about import song data?

There's a lot of limitations I hear as far as importing bus structure etc.

But I would try importing your setup and see what you get and if it would be a shortcut.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by robreid1 on Thu May 27, 2021 7:34 pm
Import song data is great but it's still not really what I'm looking for in my workflow.

Typically have a folder bus with my apollo 3/4 and my apollo aux 1 (reverb) all setup underneath as tracks with my plugin chains etc...

Record onto that, but then I'd like to be able to just CTRL+D the bus folder and have a completely fresh set of tracks with the same settings and a new bus to move the recorded files onto.

It's a really quick/convenient way to work especially when you're tracking a bunch of guitar parts. Got very used to it in Reaper.

I'm currently using just folders which I can CTRL+D and then turn the newly created folder into a bus and add my plugins but it's extra steps that i got used to not having to do in Reaper :P

Having to use Song Import in this workflow is basically a non-starter, way too much mousing around with a guitar in hand. Plus it handles busses and stuff weird from what I've found anyways.

Maybe I'm just not thinking "studio one" enough, if anyone has anything to share about their guitar tracking workflow, i'm all ears!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1