5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I opened up my Universal Controller after a few months of inactivity. When opening the program, it told me I had updates available for both UC and my Presonus Quantum 2626, so I of course uploaded them. At the same time, I also updated my Windows 10.

Now, I'm getting cracks and pops whenever I have audio playing, both in Studio One 5, and when watching Youtube clips on my browser. This is both while playing back old audio files and when trying to record new audio clips.

Changing the sample rate and block sizes hasn't done anything to make it go away. Any ideas on what I can do?
Last edited by benjaminfowler on Mon May 17, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by benjaminfowler on Mon May 17, 2021 6:28 pm
And now to add to the confusion, I tried briefly going from 64 bit to 128 bit, and for 5 minutes, there was no more clipping while doing playback or recording....and then it returned for discernible reason.
by benjaminfowler on Mon May 17, 2021 7:14 pm
And then, the reverse happened: I switched it from 128 bit to 64 bit, and the popping and crackling again stopped for a few minutes before coming back on its own.
by benjaminfowler on Sun May 23, 2021 4:03 pm
One week later and still haven't found an answer. I did find that even though I would get this clipping and crackling noise while playing through the interface and recording, if I disconnected the interface and just played the song (within Studio 5) through my computer's speakers, the sound was just fine with no extra noise whatsoever.

I'm puzzled. Any one here have any ideas on what to try next?
by patricemazmanian on Mon May 24, 2021 3:15 am
Hello Benjamin, apparently the latest version of UC is buggy. Watch this discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=45141

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...

5 posts
Page 1 of 1