6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi
I am creating backing tracks using S1 V5.2. I have purchased some backing tracks song stems which come with a tempo map as the song tempo moves around a bit, just a small amount, but enough to need a map to keep it on grid.
I have landed the map and the audio files and it all syncs up great and stays on-grid just fine.

Now I would like to 'set' the tempo of the song to a fixed BPM across the whole song. IE so I can export the audio mix and it will be a fixed BPM and be on-grid.

IE. one song I have is nominally 125 BPM but the map shows it moves around between 124 and 126 and small increments in between.
With the map it stays on grid just fine but I want to export the mix and for the exported stereo mix to be at 125 throughout without the need for any map. That way I can use it in other software and it will stay on-grid in that software too without any need for a tempo map.

Hope that makes sense!
Thanks for any help
Mark

Studio One V5
Logic Pro 10.5 (occasionally!)
Universal Audio 8x
MacBook Pro, 16GB, 2TB
Kemper Profiler
JBL 305 Monitors
More plugins & VIs than you could shake a large stick at!
Lives in England where the rain comes from!
by Tacman7 on Sun May 16, 2021 8:08 am
Ya, I haven't found any switch that engages and disengages the tempo mapping.

Select all the points and delete them.

Not as hard as it sounds, right click in an unused area of the tempo map and choose select all then hit delete.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by markogier on Sun May 16, 2021 9:16 am
Thanks for the suggestion. I dont think that is quite what I am after. I want to first use the map to get all the tracks on-grid, which it does. I then want to adjust all the tracks to 1 fixed BPM for the duration of the song. Not sure if this is even possible. Thanks again

Studio One V5
Logic Pro 10.5 (occasionally!)
Universal Audio 8x
MacBook Pro, 16GB, 2TB
Kemper Profiler
JBL 305 Monitors
More plugins & VIs than you could shake a large stick at!
Lives in England where the rain comes from!
by SwitchBack on Sun May 16, 2021 9:29 am
A track with tempo map ensures that the track (when set to timestretch) follows the grid. The grid is controlled by the tempo track.

When you start a song with a track with tempo map then make sure that the tempo points were copied to the tempo track too (if not then drag the mapped track to the tempo track). When you delete all those tempo points next then the song (including the mapped track) will play at a fixed tempo.
by Tacman7 on Sun May 16, 2021 11:30 am
If your tempo map goes here and there then goes to 90bpm and stays there then that's the same as fixed tempo at 90bpm (for that part of the song).

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by SwitchBack on Sun May 16, 2021 3:18 pm
My experience is that the quality of the result very much depends on the details/quality of the tempo map and on the selected stretch algorithm. A loosely played track with a good map can come out super tight beat for beat.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1