138 postsPage 3 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Agreed, I’ve never understood why people point to Bitwig and Ableton as great browser examples. There’s tags and favorites, sure, but everything else is a little more messy and clunky in comparison.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Robdp on Tue May 18, 2021 2:14 pm
I'd welcome slight GUI changes for sure, but things like Tags in the browser and other workflow changes would be further up on my list for sure!!

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by ennbr on Wed May 19, 2021 3:12 am
I'm going to take the position of someone who uses Studio One on a day to day basis to make money. I and lots of others like myself don't have time to relearn a significant GUI change. It would be like learning a new DAW and while that happens I'm not making any money.

It's always perplexed me how many users spend the bulk of their time in front of Studio One or any other DAW for that matter playing with colors and making things pretty. When I start up Studio One it's for one purpose only to make music.

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by leosutherland on Wed May 19, 2021 3:35 am
ennbr wroteI'm going to take the position of someone who uses Studio One on a day to day basis to make money. I and lots of others like myself don't have time to relearn a significant GUI change. It would be like learning a new DAW and while that happens I'm not making any money.

It's always perplexed me how many users spend the bulk of their time in front of Studio One or any other DAW for that matter playing with colors and making things pretty. When I start up Studio One it's for one purpose only to make music.

I have to agree with that, except for the part about making money from it :D

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by Lokeyfly on Wed May 19, 2021 4:05 am
ennbr wroteI'm going to take the position of someone who uses Studio One on a day to day basis to make money. I and lots of others like myself don't have time to relearn a significant GUI change. It would be like learning a new DAW and while that happens I'm not making any money.

What makes you think you have to re learn anything? Points have been made that nothing is needed to actually have to use Studio One for what it's intended for. If you don't like recommendations about enhancimg color, dont worry about it. Basically, I have the same position about just using it, but there is room for improvement. Improvement happens. Largely due to feedback from people who use that product or tool.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by SwitchBack on Wed May 19, 2021 4:09 am
I think a good GUI nudges users to a more effective workflow. Rather than sticking to old routines you want to give it some time to get used to. Then if something in the GUI still keeps slowing you down you can bring it up here. You may get suggestions how to adjust your workflow in a way you hadn’t thought of yet, or you may get support to have something changed. But workflow has to stay the main focus. IMHO eye candy isn’t directly related to workflow and should take a backseat.

Reading through this thread I do like the idea of tabs on the Inspector, as I keep dragging the handles to see what I want to see there. So in the spirit of what I wrote before I’m open to suggestions on how to get to the various sections in the Inspector faster. If a better workflow isn’t available then we may start a campaign to have that addressed, maybe with tabs ;)
by garyshepherd on Wed May 19, 2021 4:20 am

That is such a superior tone - I am surprised you have the time to comment on this thread.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by fmaestas on Wed May 19, 2021 9:16 am
Regarding the Inspector. I discovered that double-clicking the handle, will maximize that section. Double-click again sets it back like it was.

However the fader section has quirk. Double-clicking the fader handle sets it too small (after maximize). So I just double-click the lower section and don't fiddle with the fader section. This is just a tad better than dragging the handle around. I'm all for a tabbed Inspector with ability to assign hot keys to the tabs.

S1 Pro 6.5, Logic, Reaper, macOS BigSur
My Bandcamp
by ericma2 on Wed May 19, 2021 4:32 pm
I really like the GUI. I use Pro Tools too and the dark theme is such a joke. I really wish S1 would show momentary peaks in the meters. I use the Level plugin for now.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by jonhamilton2 on Thu May 20, 2021 6:27 am
robertgray3 wroteAgreed, I’ve never understood why people point to Bitwig and Ableton as great browser examples. There’s tags and favorites, sure, but everything else is a little more messy and clunky in comparison.

At least they do tags,favorites, no one says Bitwig is perfect, but AT least they offer us ways to tag our own content, and for content creators, and production this is important. Cubase is my Main DAW until Presonus make S1 a more efficient browser. I know plenty of others that feel the same about S1's lack of a proper browser as well. I'd rather have options then none.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by paullearmonth1 on Fri May 21, 2021 5:53 pm
I'd love to see a fresh new GUI with 5.5, there are lots of things I like about the look, but in general I think it looks very cluttered, sharp and 'Line-y'. Could do with softening up maybe?

To be honest though, I don't like the look of any of the DAWs on the market, I think they could all learn from film/photo editing softwares, which seem to have a more fluid and cohesive look.
by reggie1979beatz on Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 pm
Really, I mean nobody got the cat thing?

I'm disappointed.

Bye......:roll:
by leosutherland on Sat May 22, 2021 3:38 am
reggie1979beatz wroteReally, I mean nobody got the cat thing?

I'm disappointed.

Cat thing? :?

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by kisnou on Sat May 22, 2021 7:33 am

I make money with my job and I do care about the GUI. Also, you said 'a GUI change is like learning a new DAW and while that happens I'm not making any money'.

It's weird. I make money with my music, I took 2 months of break to learn Studio One after working in Ableton for 4 years and FL for 3, and I was also making money in the meantime thanks to my music.
If I had to learn a new daw, it wouldn't worry me. Some slight GUI changes are not the same thing as learning a new daw, I can tell you that.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by davidspencerbarker on Sat May 22, 2021 11:57 am

Hello :)
I totally agree ennbr

New user of Studio One 5 Pro ,since July last year.As a hobbyist I really like the look and feel of Studio One 5
Really like the drag and drop and contextual help as a example :)

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by reggie1979beatz on Sat May 22, 2021 12:48 pm
leosutherland wrote
reggie1979beatz wroteReally, I mean nobody got the cat thing?

I'm disappointed.

Cat thing? :?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, cats were highly associated with Bitwig :)

Bye......:roll:
by jBranam on Sat May 22, 2021 3:34 pm
i used to make money... now i do things for free. lol :shock:

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Sat May 22, 2021 6:55 pm
Good one.
I've re learned so many things, I wouldn't know what to do if I had money. ;)
Probably just yell "gui" because it's fun to say.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by kisnou on Tue May 25, 2021 3:37 pm
Just wanted to add one more thing to this topic.

I think I would really like thicker autiomation lanes. Sometimes they are so thin that it's hard to see them.
Additionally, I also find it hard to select one automation point if it's close to another one, it seems like the automation lanes/points need a better resolution/precision.
Last edited by kisnou on Wed May 26, 2021 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by PreAl on Wed May 26, 2021 12:26 am
kisnou wroteJust wanted to add one more thing to this topic.

I think I would really like thicker autiomation lanes. Sometimes they are so think that it's hard to see them.
Additionally, I also find it hard to select one automation point if it's close to another one, it seems like the automation lanes/points need a better resolution/precision.

Yup.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

138 postsPage 3 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7