138 postsPage 2 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
I don’t really feel the need for a major GUI revamp but one thing that I would like changed would be the vertical scaling to the tempo graph because it doesn’t matter how tall you make the Tempo lane the tempo line hardly changes in its vertical variation making modifications on the line itself hard to see and unnecessarily awkward!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by PreAl on Sun May 16, 2021 6:52 pm
Bug fixes first.
Enhancements and features for missing basic functionality second.
Anything GUI should be a revision rather than a change, little changes here and there. Change for changes sake is just a waste of time, the UI is mostly intuitive and quick to use.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by GMHague on Mon May 17, 2021 12:22 am
I think just about every DAW is now struggling to implement something fresh or new that's actually significant and not just an update for update's sake.
I'd like to see a "retro" mode in the mixer view similar to Mixbus. Channel strips with emulated EQs, Pan and Send, and maybe a compressor that all combined encourage you to stick to basics and not automatically look for a long chain of plugins.
S1 was originally launched with a promise of "no bloat", but it's getting pretty cluttered. That's inevitable as users ask for more features.
Themes and skins are only cosmetic, but I agree that a change of "look" can be inspirational or freshen up your approach.

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by kisnou on Mon May 17, 2021 2:13 am
I agree bug fixes are the priority, but little things such as the color when you highlight some events (as mentioned earlier by ozinga) and a less cluttered interface would be more appreciated than a general GUI revamp.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by IanM5 on Mon May 17, 2021 3:08 am
As I said earlier I'm happy with it but I do agree with a couple of people in this thread that the inspector window is getting a bit crowded. I have to drag stuff upward to see the stuff that is off the bottom of the screen.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by garyshepherd on Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 am
A list window in the Inspector for tempo and midi events (like for Arranger sections and Markers) would be appreciated.

Get rid of Scratch Pad and have separate sequences within a song so you can switch and then combine. Scratch Pad is still horrible with the split screen.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by PreAl on Mon May 17, 2021 3:27 am
Only things that bug me right now are:
Bugs.
I think there should be separate drop in and loop markers to select timeline scope (like Cakewalk).
Performance needs improvement. Also something strange may be going on with buffer selections and *possibly* dropout protection (yup I know certain plugins won't work). I've raised this on a separate thread whereby I've seen low buffers and high buffers settings perform well, but some buffers in-between distort (without dropout protection).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Mon May 17, 2021 6:15 am
PreAl wroteOnly things that bug me right now are:
Bugs.
I think there should be separate drop in and loop markers to select timeline scope (like Cakewalk).
Performance needs improvement. Also something strange may be going on with buffer selections and *possibly* dropout protection (yup I know certain plugins won't work). I've raised this on a separate thread whereby I've seen low buffers and high buffers settings perform well, but some buffers in-between distort (without dropout protection).

Agreed. Another thing I just noticed and was going to start a thread...tempo changes....If your buffers are lower and you put in a "fade" on the tempo time line to gradually slow the tempo down (something you do a lot with orchestral and classical types music...or to slow an ending...), it pops and clicks....it never used to. You have to raise the buffers significantly to avoid this.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by kisnou on Mon May 17, 2021 7:20 am
PreAl wroteOnly things that bug me right now are:
Bugs.

Agreed on the performance (if you mean CPU usage and all that).
I use multi instruments a lot and CTC-1 as well. The console shaper can reach max cpu usage if you use the passthrough. Multi instruments as well take so much time to load and so much time to bounce. And I have a good computer :)

https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by Vocalpoint on Mon May 17, 2021 10:37 am
gregghart wroteFirst, it wouldn't be a 2021 / 2022 look. Studio One 5.5 would come out first, and that likely won't be in 2021, and maybe will come sometime in the middle / end of 2022.

Actually - after studying the S1 release history on Wikipedia - for v4 anyway - the x.5 release dropped almost a year to the date of the original release.

Now v3 was a long painful wait of almost 2 years (May 20, 2015 - May 23, 2017)

v4 was released on May 22, 2018 and 4.5 arrived on May 21, 2019

v5 was released on July 7, 2020 and 5.5 will arrive.....

If history is any indicator - we could be just about 6-7 weeks away from 5.5...here's hoping.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by PreAl on Mon May 17, 2021 10:59 am
5.5 means new features and more regression bugs.
I'd rather see a 5.2.2 and a 5.2.3 with lots of bug and performance fixes first.

by robertgray3 on Mon May 17, 2021 11:50 am
PreAl wrote5.5 means new features and more regression bugs.
I'd rather see a 5.2.2 and a 5.2.3 with lots of bug and performance fixes first.

I’m torn. Part of me likes the iOS-style method of “if we add features fast enough, the ones with bugs will be deprecated.” :D

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by IanM5 on Mon May 17, 2021 12:25 pm
They need to add more features to tempt people like me to upgrade. The current V5.x does not really offer me very much at all. That's mostly because V4.6 is doing the biz for me. Could it be better? Yes. Do I desperately need it to be better? No.

So, for me, V5.5 or V6.x needs to find a way to give me the stuff that I go outside of S1 for. FL Studio's channel rack and piano roll for throwing together fast loops with a million variations. Live's session page for quickly experimenting with arrangements, Cubase for the better chord track (chord inversions FTW). Using multiple DAWs is the modern way for me. S1 is my base. Almost everything I do ends up in S1 but almost everything I do passes through at least one other DAW. In fact, quite a lot of what I do starts off in other DAWs.

And the reason it all ends up in S1 is that the UI suits my way of working but maybe that very thing that anchors it is also the thing that slightly stifles inspiration and creativity.

Having said that, I'm pretty happy. You could almost freeze all my software at the current versions and I'd be happy. Almost. :lol:

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by reggie1979beatz on Mon May 17, 2021 1:52 pm
The hardest thing about "fixing problems" is that there are just WAY too many variables. In fact, it's a wonder the gosh darn thing runs at all.

Sample rate, bit rate, motherboards, types of plugs things that only a handful of people have a problem with, midi, audio, automation, different controllers, audio cards, windows/MAC, oh my.

Bye......:roll:
by kisnou on Mon May 17, 2021 3:34 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteThe hardest thing about "fixing problems" is that there are just WAY too many variables. In fact, it's a wonder the gosh darn thing runs at all.

Sample rate, bit rate, motherboards, types of plugs things that only a handful of people have a problem with, midi, audio, automation, different controllers, audio cards, windows/MAC, oh my.

For you it might have too many variables, but there are experienced developers behind every DAW, or there should be at least, who are paid to do that.

Every DAW has its flaws, let's be honest, but bug-fixing (and requests by the users) should be #1 priority in a software like this. Especially if I have to use that software to pay my bills.

Studio One Pro 6
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by davidspencerbarker on Tue May 18, 2021 1:02 am
Hello :D

As a new user of Studio One 5 ,since July last year.yeah a mere greenhorn,ha,ha

I love the look of SI and all its functionality,tools etc.

The GUI just pops,looks really modern and fresh,lots of great tools features etc :D

I have used other daws in the past , most of them the GUI is dull looking,with the exception to a few out there

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by daniellesaux on Tue May 18, 2021 3:12 am
No GUI updates for me. However, I'd like to see improvements made to the project page instead. A listen bus, the ability to choose where in the insert flow the meters are reading, ability to add automation.

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by Lokeyfly on Tue May 18, 2021 3:37 am
Studio One already has one of the better user interfaces. Don't bank on any major changes when a formula for success already exists.

That said, with an effort to improve on an already great DAW, where Studio One could improve GUI wise are:

1. Where Studio One could improve and show its colors (did I say that) is increase, or actually overhaul its color pallette. It's color GUI is far too lost in the 80's and needs to mature as its no longer the new DAW on the block. Colors enhance a greater uniformity to aid in systematic creation as musical styles and tones might represent different moods. Why are there nearly 20 varied blues, with little choice of gold, yellow, brown, etc., etc. Earth tones, pastels, mud, you name it. It should be available at this time. Nuff said.

2. Positional GUI - Greater docking choices such as customizable side panels, double panels, and such.  This could enhance storing active effects, or lend at times, needed space. Such panels shouldn't impede on Studio One's already logical uniformity, but add to it. They should be accessable by both tabs, and key command.

3. An added options panel, with modifiers for widely used mouse, tablet, touch screen, settings to prioritize mobility, and quick access.
Explanation: While keeping with the front end GUI improvements, one of the (at times) scary moments is when scrolling over large track/arrangement, or mixer channels, when quantities increase greater from side to side is upsetting some data point, because the scroll wheel (still widely used) impacts an occasional unknown "oops". My answer to this often newbie critique is to have a grasp on where one positions the mouse/or cursor when scrolling. However, even to this day, a seasoned DAW user typically can move fast and potentially screw up when scrolling. An options menu could best prepare how the user could work.

4. The Mixer still needs some greater adjustability in customization, widening channels, movement, of Master channel between subs, and input channels.

OK, I went a tad farther than GUI with #4, but with the intent to enhance the user experience. As to how Studio One positions itself as a useful "tool" amongst current DAW's, with its user interface, it still gets high marks for maintaining an almost invisible experience. Sure at times a little clunky in the minutia, but stately in results from start to finish. That is something you don't reconstruct. Do, and suffer the consequences

5. Just added:
daniellesaux wroteNo GUI updates for me. However, I'd like to see improvements made to the project page instead. A listen bus, the ability to choose where in the insert flow the meters are reading, ability to add automation.

Great idea! Whole heartedly agree. It might take a few more seconds of save time, but an option for it would be very nice to be able to call up. I think you might mean the Start Page (is where I'd hope for it).

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jonhamilton2 on Tue May 18, 2021 6:50 am
A better browser is needed! Not sure why we still can't tag our own samples yet after 5 versions, meanwhile Bitwig on version 2 absolutely came correct with their browser, and refined in version 3. Presonus Wake Up!

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by reggie1979beatz on Tue May 18, 2021 7:36 am
Did you say Bitwig?

My biggest gripe with the browser is that it does NOT play everything tagged in tempo sync every time and if you drag/drop an audio, it loses focus and you have to go back with your mouse and re engage the samples for playback. And then you may or may not get the results you need.

Plugs are arranged fairly well, but instruments are a little harder to deal with (much mouse clicking)

The sound sets are NOT all in the same place (if anyone has a solution for this, please hook me up) and getting to samples is....tedious.

Bye......:roll:

138 postsPage 2 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7