1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hello all! First post here and I'm fairly new to music production, so please forgive me if I get any terms wrong. I tried searching this forum but I'm not really sure what search terms to use. I found one thread but it didn't answer my question precisely, the user was looking for Focus Mapping and I don't think that's what I need. (Edit: it's exactly what I needed. Update at end.)

To expound a bit further, I want to be able to modify, say, the high cut on a Pro EQ on *only* the currently selected track with a knob on my Launch Control XL. I don't want it to change only the high cut on the Pro EQ of the instrument I had selected while I was mapping it; I want it to modify parameters on whatever instrument is currently active/record-armed/I'm monitoring. (I'm not sure which one would be preferable.)

Side question; if I wanted to have one template on my Launch Control XL modifying the EQ parameters, and another one modify Room Reverb parameters, I'm assuming I'd just set up two templates with unique CCs on the knobs, and then use only those knobs to modify the parameters I want? If there's a better way to go about that, I'm all ears.

Is this possible? I've been tearing my hair out for the last few days trying to get this to work. Thank you in advance! :)

EDIT:

So, Focus Mapping is what I wanted. I was just confused; I thought it would be possible to have them activate without the plugin open, which was desirable to me. I realized that I'm not really going to be editing the parameters for a plugin without having the window open, so I'm not as fussed now.

1 post
Page 1 of 1