8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, I searched for it and found nothing.

So, there's some VST libraries that, in addition to changing the articulation with a keyswitch, they change an additional value based on the velocity of the note used to change the articulation, like toggling advanced legato in cinematic studio strings.
I've looked high and low but didn't find a way to input a different velocity with the new sound variations mode. There must be a way to do that...
Can you help?? thanks!

Studio One Pro 5
Win10 - R7 5800x - GTX 970 - 32gb ddr4 - 1TB ssd
interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2n gen
by Tacman7 on Sat May 15, 2021 6:27 am
The sound variations dialog lets you setup what keys do what etc.

You can also choose what to send, you can see a list in the dropdown.

SoundVarChoices.JPG

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by francescobruno on Sat May 15, 2021 7:01 am
Tacman7 wroteThe sound variations dialog lets you setup what keys do what etc.

You can also choose what to send, you can see a list in the dropdown.

SoundVarChoices.JPG

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

thanks, I've checked that dialog, but I'm not sure how to set velocity there. Can you give some pointers?

Studio One Pro 5
by Tacman7 on Sat May 15, 2021 7:36 am
Sorry, I was thinking CC's.

Inside the dialog over where the drop down is you have what you want to send and the default is note on and off.

When you select the note that you want to send it has two values, data 1 is the pitch and the second is the velocity.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by francescobruno on Sat May 15, 2021 7:40 am
oh so Data 2 is velocity? What threw me off is that default is 127, while afaik velocity is between 1 and 100, so I didn't even try to change it.
thanks a lot!

Studio One Pro 5
by Lokeyfly on Sat May 15, 2021 6:46 pm
@ francescobruno. In addition to the sound dialogue editor, you may want to look into purchasing Presence XT Editor (approx $79). I'm sampling into Sample One some of my instruments more and more, and one item not available in the libraries as you mention is variations of Velocities that change key switches, or in my case, samples or entire layers that turn on (or off) at different specified velocities. Example: have a harmonic ring out between MIDI velocity 90 - 110 on a nylon classical guitar, or blend other layers between 40- 90, pizzicato above 110, etc.

I was going to create a post as well on nearly the same subject, only I came across an in depth review on Sample One that validated my findings of no individual velocity scaling. The answer I found is a sample librarian editor, with enough depth such as Presence XT Editor. Yes, sample One layers up to 96 samples but no individual velocity control to turn desired layers on. Too bad.

Unfortunately, in your case I haven't yet come across the keyswitch to velocity changes, as I rarely use keyswitches, until now with the much improved S1v5.2, keyswitches are mapped and presented in a more useful way.

A descent library with expressive keyswitches, and Presence XT Editor, where you could easily layer any note(s) where samples either turn on, off, or vary to specified velocities would help. They'll also be better stored as whole banks once modified.

The sound variation dialogue box should help as well.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Sun May 16, 2021 6:16 am
There's more than I can speak on, but it does look like Presence XT Editor does all you need and more.
Have a look:
https://www.presonus.com/products/Presence-XT-Editor

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Tacman7 on Sun May 16, 2021 7:40 am
francescobruno wroteafaik velocity is between 1 and 100

There are places where velocity is expressed as percentage, that's where you see 1 to 100.

A byte has 256 possible values but midi is 7 bits so 127 possible values in most things unless you jump to two bytes then 16k etc. like what is used for pitch bend.

She can 'splain better:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthrea ... ber=490405

Forum Moderator.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1