4 posts
Page 1 of 1
In one of my audiobook narrations my nasal, Australian "twang" accent is really prominent. I can hear what I want to reduce, but not sure it can be done. Dropping pitch by a tone achieves something ...
Any ideas?

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by SwitchBack on Sat May 15, 2021 3:31 am
EQ.

Easiest to see as well as hear what’s happening by using the Pro EQ insert. Activate the MF band, set Q to 6 and gain to +6dB and then roll the frequency to where it boosts the nasal sound. After you found the frequency you can play with gain and Q to notch it out / make it less prominent.
by Tacman7 on Sat May 15, 2021 8:08 am
Throw money at the problem!

There's hardware processors with formant corrections etc., there's a lot some processors can do.

I find this helpful at times for voice:

https://www.waves.com/plugins/manny-marroquin-triple-d?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by GMHague on Mon May 17, 2021 12:07 am
Tacman7 wroteThrow money at the problem!

There's hardware processors with formant corrections etc., there's a lot some processors can do.

I find this helpful at times for voice:

https://www.waves.com/plugins/manny-marroquin-triple-d?

Interesting plugin, and on special, but in the videos it wasn't really doing anything I couldn't do with the Multiband Compressor. Ended up pitching down by a semitone and slowing down by 5%. Not a perfect result, but an improvement...

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver

4 posts
Page 1 of 1