10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I followed the instructions posted by Joe Gilder for creating Stereo guitar using the splitter tool however, I have yet to make it work. I do have a Stereo audio channel created, drag two different amps using Ampire to the channel, in the routing I insert the splitter then drag one amp to the left side and the other to the right. Next I select the splitter and again select Channel split. Joe says rock on, but I am only hearing one channel in the left ear and no output from the right. If you follow Joe's instructions this should work, but not for me. What am I doing wrong? BTW, don't bother asking Presonus as they will tell you they just don't have the bandwidth to answer any question like these and I should contact Joe directly. Joe thought I was not using a Stereo channel but I am.
by Tacman7 on Wed May 12, 2021 9:01 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Could you post some pics of what you have setup?

Also good to put your specs in your signature, machine info and S1 version etc.

Click below in my signature on the word signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Jemusic on Wed May 12, 2021 9:47 pm
OK firstly its a good idea to link to the video you are talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37fFCcEFKAg

I set this up and it indeed all works as he explained. Except at first I got the same result as you in that only the left channel was working. Reason is that on the stereo track you have got Input 1+2 or Input L+R etc.. selected. So because your guitar is only being applied to Input 1 you will only hear the left half of the stereo Ampire setup.

What Joe forgot to mention is that you need to change the Input setting to just Input 1 or Input L. This ensures the guitar signal is picked up from only Input 1 and sent down both channels at once. It works great once you do that.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Steve Carter on Thu May 13, 2021 3:43 pm
How would this apply to an already recorded guitar track in mono? Would you have to send the pre-recorded track to a new stereo track and then use the splitter or could it be applied directly to the prerecorded track?

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Jemusic on Thu May 13, 2021 5:43 pm
An already recorded mono track would be fine. Just set the track into stereo mode. The same mono signal will be sent down both channels. And into the stereo guitar FX chain.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Steve Carter on Thu May 13, 2021 9:32 pm
Thank you.

Yes, that’s what I thought, I set the track to stereo and inserted the splitter in the split signal mode into two separate guitar amp plugins but didn’t achieve total separation between left and right channels in the stereo field - I’ll try again!

I also added a mono version of Waves Abbey Road Reel ADT to one side in an attempt to emulate a double tracked guitar and introduce some movement. The result was interesting but somewhat flanging - only to be expected I suppose.

Of course, I could just make a copy of the track, put different amps on each and pan one left and one right but the splitter route would involve less screen estate.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
by Jemusic on Thu May 13, 2021 10:14 pm
When you insert the splitter there are various splitter modes that you can set. You need to set the splitter for a channel split.

That will send the L signal down one side of the split and the R channel down the other side. The mono track is feeding both L and R channels so those two channels/splits will start out the same but if you insert two different versions of Ampire say on each side of the split you will get the full stereo effect.

With the channel split setting (and the track in stereo mode) the stereo effect will be maintained after the splitter. You have got the splitter in normal mode and the two sides are being summed again after the splitter

by Steve Carter on Fri May 14, 2021 3:55 pm
Thanks again - as per my previous post, the split channel (I said split signal - meant split channel) mode was checked, sorry if this confused.

by Jemusic on Fri May 14, 2021 4:14 pm
Well I have fully tested this (on an existing mono track recording) and I am getting a big wide stereo image so you are doing something wrong. Are you actually monitoring in stereo? Somewhere you are summing L and R channels of this split together.

by reggie1979beatz on Fri May 14, 2021 8:16 pm
I followed Joe's guide and got the right results. It's a mono input, add two sessions of ampire, add a splitter, DD the ampire's left and right on the splitter, select "split channels" on the splitter. Bingo.

Bye......:roll:

10 posts
Page 1 of 1