11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys!

I was looking for an answer, but I haven't seen a clear solution and maybe this has been changed in 5.2.1, I don't know. But I have no clue how to setup the DAW, so it sends out MIDI feedback to my Nektar Impact LX+49 keyboard.

I know, Nektar should've put it in their support files for S1, available on their site. But since they haven't done that, I thought it must work when setting this up manually.

For instance, before I used Studio One, I used Bitwig Studio. When I recorded a drumpattern using the drumpads, I got inmediate feedback with visual LEDs on the pads, to see what is being played. That was really convenient for me. Also when I owned a Novation Launchpad used with a custom support file, I saw LED feedback. I could even make 'LED' art with the launchpad with help of MIDI feedback from Bitwig.

But I don't see such a thing here, or option in Studio One. All LEDS stays one single color when playing back a part. Am I missing something? Do I need to alter the support file to get this working, perhaps? Does Studio One 5 even support MIDI feedback? (And if not, that means all hardware could not recieve feedback from Studio One at all, which must be a big deal for some? )

Does someone have experience with this and could help me out?

Specs:

Presonus Studio One 6 Artist | Studio One Remote for Android | Presonus Audiobox 96 USB 25th Anniversary Interface | Vonyx SM40 Studio Monitors | Modded MXL MCA-SP1 cond. Microphone | Behringer QX1202USB | Behringer Crave | Roland Aira J-6 | Korg NTS-1 | Novation Circuit | Arturia Keystep 37
Computer:

Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | 32GB RAM | SSD&NVME Only | Gigabyte RTX2070
Music:
https://pantamusic.bandcamp.com/
by Tacman7 on Wed May 12, 2021 7:35 am
I downloaded the setup files from here:
https://nektartech.com/studio-one-4-and ... ntrollers/

The manual instructions are here:
https://nektartech.com/studio-one-setup ... ng-impact/

Worked really well for me, it was all setup and everything worked after installing that.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by wbqltuuk on Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 am
Tacman7 wroteI downloaded the setup files from here:
https://nektartech.com/studio-one-4-and ... ntrollers/

The manual instructions are here:
https://nektartech.com/studio-one-setup ... ng-impact/

Worked really well for me, it was all setup and everything worked after installing that.

And do you also have feedback on the MIDI? Because I have exact the same support files installed. But I do not have any feedback, even when I installed it according to their instructions.

If you record drums on a channel with your drumpads/drum VST, and you playback it. Do you see your LEDS of your drumpads changing colors according to your recorded beat? Because my pads just stay green, orange, yellow or red (depends on which Pad Map I am in.

When you press a pad, it changes color, right? With MIDI feedback it should change color too, because the DAW sends out MIDI data to the Impact as well. So when you play you have the visual aid of the LEDs changing colors.

Also the links you gave is for the older LX model. Not the LX+ series. When you log in to your own Nektartech account and choose the DAW support you get to download the LX+ version of the support files. The LX version does not support LED drumpads, the LX49+ does. So I def know these files are outdated for my version and will not support LED feedback in the first place. And I am not sure if this is Studio One not supporting it, or Nektar not implemented it in their support file for the LX+. (They did support it for other DAWS.) So if it IS possible to set it up, I would like to know where I could change that.

(and btw, if you have the LX25+ and you use the same support files as you gave me, it means you are using an outdated one as well. I am not sure if there are other functions available to you when you use the LX+ files, but you can get the .exe installer from your account at Nektar, not from the general support page. )

Specs:

Presonus Studio One 6 Artist | Studio One Remote for Android | Presonus Audiobox 96 USB 25th Anniversary Interface | Vonyx SM40 Studio Monitors | Modded MXL MCA-SP1 cond. Microphone | Behringer QX1202USB | Behringer Crave | Roland Aira J-6 | Korg NTS-1 | Novation Circuit | Arturia Keystep 37
Computer:

Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | 32GB RAM | SSD&NVME Only | Gigabyte RTX2070
Music:
by Tacman7 on Wed May 12, 2021 8:39 am
Sorry thought you were not able to find support files, they worked fine for me but that's been a while and it has always done everything I needed it to do.

What is it supposed to do? Pads change color when you play a midi file?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by wbqltuuk on Wed May 12, 2021 8:49 am
Tacman7 wroteSorry thought you were not able to find support files, they worked fine for me but that's been a while and it has always done everything I needed it to do.

What is it supposed to do? Pads change color when you play a midi file?

That's okay! :thumbup: But basically, yes. But as it might be a gimmick I find it actually very useful. It returns the midi from the track to the keyboard. So when you have midi on a drumtrack, it shows which pads are pressed.

When I am live looping for example, it's good to see what pads are being activated already. It's just another visual aid, which I really like in my workflow. And I always love responding lights, as it gives my studio a more laboratory feel, haha. But that's just a small bonus.

In Bitwig/Ableton for example you also have scenes and clips, and you can control them with the Impact LX+ as well. (both buttons start to work on the keyboard) which changes the pads to a scene and clip selector. Also they visually show with LEDs what clip is selected, you see the BPM flickering on the pads etc. I just feel that S1 is somewhat limited to the keyboard. But I also feel it's just a matter of having the right support file.

Specs:

Computer:

Music:
by Tacman7 on Wed May 12, 2021 5:09 pm
You should contact Nektar about this issue.

http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/it.I/id.57/.f

Sounds like it should work here also, hope they can help,

Forum Moderator.

by wbqltuuk on Thu May 13, 2021 9:48 am
Tacman7 wroteYou should contact Nektar about this issue.

http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/it.I/id.57/.f

Sounds like it should work here also, hope they can help,

I'll let you know ;)

Specs:

Computer:

Music:
by Jemusic on Thu May 13, 2021 1:42 pm
In your External Instruments setup for this particular keyboard, you will have RECEIVE FROM set to the controller. Have you also got SEND TO set for the same controller. Like for ATOM etc and ATOM SQ for example both these are usually set to that controller.

SEND TO will be sending data back to the controller which is what you are wanting.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by wbqltuuk on Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 pm
Jemusic wroteIn your External Instruments setup for this particular keyboard, you will have RECEIVE FROM set to the controller. Have you also got SEND TO set for the same controller. Like for ATOM etc and ATOM SQ for example both these are usually set to that controller.

SEND TO will be sending data back to the controller which is what you are wanting.

At this moment, I've done exactly what Nektar asks me to do, regarding Studio One 5. They explained it in the manual, but it is also automatically installed by their executable setup for Studio One 5. I would expect this is how it should be. The control gets a midi signal back, but via a dedicated port. I've tried using the same port, but after the warning "The signal may be duplicated" There is no difference. I can't properly test out MIDI out on this thing besides LED feedback. There are no motorized faders, or anyhting else where I can verify this. I do see in MIDI monitor that it sends MIDI out. There is no use in playing with the keyboard (separate) section, because this works as it should and LED is no part of that.

Specs:

Computer:

Music:
by Jemusic on Thu May 13, 2021 3:18 pm
Not sure why you have got two External devices for the one controller. eg a Controller and a Keyboard. Its usually one but I am not familiar with the Nektar setup system so maybe its meant to be that way.

The one that has got SEND TO set to NONE. Have you tried that SEND TO to the Nektar as well.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by wbqltuuk on Fri May 14, 2021 10:53 am
The two are separates because it's a keyboard and a controller. Both are different entities when it comes to MIDI communication. For instance, I can select VST Banks, change parameters of VST with one midi stream, and play the keyboard, send mod and patch, etc with the other. My JV 80 is also setup that way, to control the DAW with my synthesizer as well. I've seen that often, so not sure why you are suprised by this way of communication, haha.

The keyboard doesn't have an out, because there us no sense to midi out to a midi keyboard section. I've tried to be sure, as previous told, but that isn't the case as I've suspected.

I don't doubt if my connection and setting is wrong. I think it must be an issue in either the support files, or S1 itself not able to send this specific information back. If it's a support file issue, I maybe can fix it myself. So with luck maybe someone here knows this issue, or similar.

Specs:

Computer:

Music:

11 posts
Page 1 of 1