3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone, I'm creating audiobooks that are MP3, low resolution MONO files, and I'd like to bundle all the chapter files into one digital release simply to apply global metadata regarding copyright and ownership, etc, plus have the cover art appear in any media player.
Obviously the Project Page is perfect ... except it doesn't support creating mono files. It will PLAY them and you can import them into the project timeline, but ultimately any digital release Export process will create a bunch of stereo tracks/files/chapters.
Gotta be mono for audiobooks.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by scottyo7 on Wed May 12, 2021 2:40 pm
I've been using Studio One (v1.6.5) nearly since it came out.

Exporting from the Project Page to mp3, etc has always been an issue for me and others (there's plenty of forum posts about it). :roll:

So, I just mix down the needed songs and burn them to CD or an aggregate file. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by mikemanthei on Thu May 13, 2021 2:53 pm
GMHague wroteGotta be mono for audiobooks.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

The best idea I can give you is to ignore the "gotta be mono" advice.
I just released an audio book and I uploaded stereo files. (192 kb/s so I wouldn't even really consider that low resolution either) If they want to convert to mono before distribution, let them. That's a simple enough process that they won't screw it up.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S

3 posts
Page 1 of 1