10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, my first post on this forum! I'm a 20 year DP user and am trying out Studio One 5.

It's all looking good but I wish I could find a key command for jumping to a particular measure. In DP, it's period key + measure number. Is there an equivalent in Studio One?

I've looked all over but haven't been able to find this information.

Thanks for your help.
by IanM5 on Wed May 12, 2021 1:12 am
I don't think there is such a key command in S1. There are key commands to jump to start and end loop markers and also to jump to previous/next marker which would go some way to doing what you want.

I tend to use the loop markers in conjunction with the arranger track when working on a particular part of a song. If I want to work on verse 1 I click on it in the arranger track, press P and the loop markers are set to that section the Numpad 1 and 2 jump to start and end of the loop and numpad / toggles looping on and off. So I've never really felt the need to jump to a specific measure but if you've been doing it for 20 years in DP I can see how you would miss that function in S1!

The only time I really use markers is on the fairly rare occasions when I am scoring to video, when having cue points for key events in the video is useful.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Jemusic on Wed May 12, 2021 1:40 am
There are also key commands which jump from numeric key pads to specific markers. Not just Next/Previous which are also on other key commands.

Adequate workaround. Place markers on the measures of interest.

Currently Numeric Keypads 1 and 2 go the start/end of the loop. Numeric keypad 3 goes to marker 1, numeric keypad 4 to marker 2 etc. These could easily be changed so numeric keypad 3 goes directly to marker 3 and 4 to 4 etc.. Numeric keypads 1 and 2 could also be reset to markers 1 and 2 instead of the loop start/end options. So you could jump with just one button press to 9 measure locations.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by charlottemcmillan on Wed May 12, 2021 1:52 am
Thanks for your quick responses and suggestions! I can see now that S1 is very oriented toward songwriting. Most of my composition is for film and video game scores, so I usually don't have verses, choruses, etc. I do use lots of markers, but it helps to be able to navigate to a precise location. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes in day-to-day use.
by patricemazmanian on Wed May 12, 2021 3:05 am
charlottemcmillan wroteHi, my first post on this forum! I'm a 20 year DP user and am trying out Studio One 5.

It's all looking good but I wish I could find a key command for jumping to a particular measure. In DP, it's period key + measure number. Is there an equivalent in Studio One?

I've looked all over but haven't been able to find this information.

Thanks for your help.

The function you are looking for in S1 exists, it is called: "Goto Time" you will find it in the keyboard shortcuts in the Transport section.
I think it should be called "Goto Measure" ...

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by IanM5 on Wed May 12, 2021 3:43 am
Jemusic wroteThere are also key commands which jump from numeric key pads to specific markers. Not just Next/Previous which are also on other key commands.

Adequate workaround. Place markers on the measures of interest.

Currently Numeric Keypads 1 and 2 go the start/end of the loop. Numeric keypad 3 goes to marker 1, numeric keypad 4 to marker 2 etc. These could easily be changed so numeric keypad 3 goes directly to marker 3 and 4 to 4 etc.. Numeric keypads 1 and 2 could also be reset to markers 1 and 2 instead of the loop start/end options. So you could jump with just one button press to 9 measure locations.

One of the things I love about this forum is how many little things you can learn from threads like this.
I'd never noticed those other Numpad actions. So, by default, Numpad keys 3 to 9 jump to marked 1 to 7 respectively and looking at the keyboard shortcuts you can assign a keypresses for markers 1 to 20.

But patrice has the answer in the post above. "go to time" defaults to Ctrl-t so press that, type the measure number and press enter.

Every day is a school day. :D

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Jemusic on Wed May 12, 2021 4:15 am
Well that is great and I did not know about it either. On a Mac it is Command+t as well. Great feature for sure. The numeric keypad to markers idea is also good for jumping real fast to obvious sections I suppose but the GoTo time thing is great for very specific measures.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by charlottemcmillan on Wed May 12, 2021 9:59 am
Boom! Thank you Patrice, Ian, and Jenmusic! Very happy about this! Really appreciate your help.
by StuBabe on Wed May 12, 2021 10:05 am
I use the time/bar marker in the transport bar to move long distances.

Mac Studio Ultra
128 GB Ram
Ventura 13.2
Studio One v6
by patricemazmanian on Wed May 12, 2021 12:44 pm
I'm a fan of keyboard shortcuts, I have them fully customized.
If I use the mouse for too long, I can't play the piano anymore!
Macros are obviously very useful to me ...

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...

10 posts
Page 1 of 1