1 post
Page 1 of 1
Ever since switching to Studio One from Pro Tools there's one certain behaviour that drives me crazy! With Loop Follows Selection engaged, when I click outside of the selection, let's say to a blank space in the arrange window, the loop selection remains. So it's not really following my selection. I feel like the loop selection area should go away.

I just read the manual regarding this feature and unless I'm misunderstanding it seems like it is supposed to work that way! This is from the manual:

Loop Follows Selection
With this option enabled, whenever you make an edit selection, the loop markers automatically snap to surround that selection. With Cycle mode enabled, this allows for instant looping of a selection when editing, without further mouse movements or keystrokes. To disengage this new loop bracket, click the mouse outside the current selection in Arrange view. These actions can only take place when the Transport is stopped.

Correct if I'm wrong but this seems to suggest that clicking outside of the current event selection will remove the loop selection, does it not?

I don't know how many times I've been looping a section, only to then click earlier in the timeline to start either listening back or recording, when suddenly the song starts looping once I hit that point that I was looping before clicking away from it. This is how Pro Tools handles Loop Follows Selection and I really wish Studio One would behave this way. Anyone else agree/disagree?

Studio One Pro 5.2
2012 Mac Mini i7 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
2 x internal 512GB SSDs (system and record drives)
1 x external 512 SSD (samples)
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
(former Pro Tool'er :mrgreen: )

1 post
Page 1 of 1