14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Although Presonus does not list Windows 7 x64 as a supported OS, various sites a saying that Studio One v5 does run fine under Windows 7 x64.

Anyone know what the real story is before I buy the upgrade from v4 to v5.

Regards,
Charles
by PreAl on Sun May 09, 2021 1:21 pm
The real story is you should upgrade to Windows 10. Even if it did work other stuff isn't going to work now or later, like your plugins or drivers. Besides Windows 10 is now miles better, it's been 11 years.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how ... 0-upgrade/

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun May 09, 2021 1:58 pm
I haven't used 7 in so long that I have no clue. I do agree with PreAl that you should strongly consider upgrading. It's the best operating system I've used and 7 was really good.

I know it's a PITA to go through a reinstall and maybe even your computer is even older than mine, but overall it's really nice.

BTW, specs are always a good thing to have in your signature :)

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Sun May 09, 2021 2:00 pm
BTW, am I wrong or can you run the demo of 5 side by side with 4? I still have 4.6.2 installed and use it for some stuff.

by Lokeyfly on Sun May 09, 2021 2:43 pm
CharlesF wroteAlthough Presonus does not list Windows 7 x64 as a supported OS, various sites a saying that Studio One v5 does run fine under Windows 7 x64.

Regards,
Charles

The Presonus Studio One site specifies Windows 10 (64 bit only) for Windows related software.
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/tech-specs
My old computer still has Windows 7, so I never bothered trying to load S1. V5 until I had a whole new system and it was safe to do so. Stick with what manufacturers suggest and not what various sites are saying. Of course, just install Windows 10 if you want to get in on the v5.2 goodies right now.

Btw, What sites are saying that?

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by CharlesF on Sun May 09, 2021 4:13 pm
Lokeyfly wrote
CharlesF wroteAlthough Presonus does not list Windows 7 x64 as a supported OS, various sites a saying that Studio One v5 does run fine under Windows 7 x64.

Regards,
Charles

The Presonus Studio One site specifies Windows 10 (64 bit only) for Windows related software.
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/tech-specs
My old computer still has Windows 7, so I never bothered trying to load S1. V5 until I had a whole new system and it was safe to do so. Stick with what manufacturers suggest and not what various sites are saying. Of course, just install Windows 10 if you want to get in on the v5.2 goodies right now.

Btw, What sites are saying that?

Here is an example:

https://cahdroid.com/en/presonus-studio ... l-version/

I suppose I could buy the upgrade and install it when I finally move to W10.

Regards,
Charles
by Lokeyfly on Sun May 09, 2021 6:42 pm
Hi Charles, yeah I can see where that would cause confusion.

Sure, buy the upgrade and when ready, update to Windows 10. Go for it!

All the best, and you'll love the latest 5,2 updates. Studio One is in a really good place with its latest additions.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by IanM5 on Sun May 09, 2021 9:41 pm

Regards,
Charles

Why not just try the demo of 5? Have a look on your Presonus account-products page. If it's anything like mine there will be a demo of 5 sitting there ready to try and it will happily sit side by side with your installation of 4.

If it installs and runs and you can record and play audio and midi then it's working. You'll always run the risk of subsequent updates breaking it and of support refusing to help you. Only you can decide whether that is worth it.

And, yeah, you should probably be thinking about upgrading to Win10. It's right up there with XP and 7 as one of the better versions of WIndows!

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by PreAl on Sun May 09, 2021 11:48 pm
10 is the best version of Windows by miles. I pretty much guarantee. Bad press only happened the first year. Yes do the demo. I still stress you are likely to run into issues if you don't upgrade to 10, if not now, later... Whatever you do don't run internet on it (security risk).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by CharlesF on Mon May 10, 2021 5:13 pm
Thanks to everyone who responded. Much appreciated.

Presonus had an upgrade offer I couldn't refuse so I have v5. I might see if it works under W7.

Regards,
Charles
by reggie1979beatz on Mon May 10, 2021 5:29 pm
It'll probably work.

by Vocalpoint on Tue May 11, 2021 11:59 am
CharlesF wrotePresonus had an upgrade offer I couldn't refuse so I have v5. I might see if it works under W7.

Can't imagine why you would want to stay on Win 7 in 2021. Especially when it needs to go line to authorize S1 and so many other apps.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by CharlesF on Wed May 12, 2021 3:16 pm
I have a few key pieces of software and hardware that do not run properly under W10 (natively or in a W7 Virtual Machine).

I should probably just get a cheap W10 notebook and replace my Firewire Studio Live with a USB mixer.

Regards,
Charles
by Vocalpoint on Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm
CharlesF wroteI have a few key pieces of software and hardware that do not run properly under W10 (natively or in a W7 Virtual Machine). I should probably just get a cheap W10 notebook and replace my Firewire Studio Live with a USB mixer.

Can I ask what apps and hardware do not run under Win 10?

I have never come across a single app OR hardware (as long as a decent driver exists) - in my stable of stuff going back to about 2008 that does not work - which I do find amazing.

Curious to know what you have found.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM

14 posts
Page 1 of 1