7 posts
Page 1 of 1
OK, Currently, I do my Melodyne Edits and when Im happy with that I do a BOUNCE on that track to create a new WAVE file for it. However I still notice that dialog comes up here and there saying Melodyne is processing and it takes a bit till it gets to 100%.

1. What is the best way to do the Melodyne Edits, commit those Edits and REMOVE Melodyne from the picture so its not sucking any CPU? My Mac she is old here and I need the juice.

2. What is your work flow?
Last edited by shanabit on Sun May 09, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by Lokeyfly on Sun May 09, 2021 4:35 pm
It's a good question. If I edit an event, and proceed to further edit in Melodyne, I'll do one of two things:
1. I'll check that the event isn't a duplicate event. That's pretty easy, even in a dense arrangement by selecting show in Pool. Then in the pool, select the highlighted clip to show all events in the arrangement, or words to that effect.

Then of course if there are duplicates, simply bounce the duplicate you want to work on first, which makes the audio event unique. This ensures that when opening Melodyne, you have a unique event being edited. You can also just say, what the heck, and bounce outright without checking the pool. I don't for no other reason the school of hard knocks, and having duplicate audio clips. That and remembering when being frugal on memory meant something. :)

2. The other way is to just use Melodyne, and bounce as you do, but have a look at duplicates, though if the events are long, opening Melodyne can take longer opening the file.

Just a quick speedster tip. In regards to #2, lets call it
2 Improved. You can speed up waiting for Melodyne to open the event, particularly those long audio events by cutting (knife tool) smaller events that might be 8 measures or less. There have been times I'd even have a short event and wonder why is Melodyne taking so long, then come to find that short clip was part of a huge comp I merged but didn't additionally bounce. Without bouncing, Melodyne won't see a comped take (pass) but a every take together making a very long wait time when opening.

These kinds of "check or bounce first" measures help eliminate those background, lengthy, or longer startups due to hidden Melodyne files. Doing such things, I think you won't need to remove Melodyne later in the song. It's nice to have it on tap.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by vasilykorytov on Mon May 10, 2021 3:47 am
years ago I contacted PreSonus support with the same question. and they suggested to clean the unused cache. and it worked for me since.

so the performance manager is your friend, both with seeing 'do I have Melodyne instances' and for clearing leftover caches as well.

by shanabit on Mon May 10, 2021 8:31 am
vasilykorytov wroteyears ago I contacted PreSonus support with the same question. and they suggested to clean the unused cache. and it worked for me since.

so the performance manager is your friend, both with seeing 'do I have Melodyne instances' and for clearing leftover caches as well.

Please explain. Ive right clicked on the pool and Delete Unused so far

I need a step by step. Brain fog here

Thanks

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by vasilykorytov on Mon May 10, 2021 2:05 pm
1. does your performance meter show any instance of Melodyne?
2. if no, clearing the unused cache should do the trick of removing the 'loading melodyne' while there're no Melodynes left. (close and re-open the song to verify)
Last edited by vasilykorytov on Mon May 10, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by vasilykorytov on Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm
ah, got it. you must have been deleted unused media files, not cache.

click on 'performance' in the left bottom of the screen. there will be a list of your plugins and a button to clean unused cache files.

by shanabit on Mon May 10, 2021 6:22 pm
vasilykorytov wroteah, got it. you must have been deleted unused media files, not cache.

click on 'performance' in the left bottom of the screen. there will be a list of your plugins and a button to clean unused cache files.

Ill check that out

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013

7 posts
Page 1 of 1