3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I typically like to keep my midi drum editor window open as I'm jumping around from part to part so I can made quick changes as I go. I usually navigate by clicking an event on the timeline as that seems like the easiest and most intuitive way to get exactly where I want to go. Problem is, every time you do that the edit window switches to the huge blown up waveform audio edit view, and then I have to scroll back up to find my midi part and click back on that. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

I might be in the minority here, but I wish instrument editing and audio editing didn't share the same window. Not sure how popular that idea would be but maybe it's worth a feature request.

Studio One Pro 5.2
2012 Mac Mini i7 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
2 x internal 512GB SSDs (system and record drives)
1 x external 512 SSD (samples)
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
(former Pro Tool'er :mrgreen: )
by Tacman7 on Sun May 09, 2021 7:55 am
Are you talking about the edit window where you change notes or the plugin interface?

Plugin windows can stay open by clicking the pin icon just next to the X in top right corner of window.

Good info to know when setting up your song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUem3U8_LE

Also good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by colliderman on Sun May 09, 2021 12:22 pm
Tacman7 wroteAre you talking about the edit window where you change notes or the plugin interface?

Plugin windows can stay open by clicking the pin icon just next to the X in top right corner of window.

Good info to know when setting up your song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUem3U8_LE

Also good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Ya referring to the Studio One Edit view where you change notes. The Note Editor and the Audio Editor share the same window. It'd be nice if I could lock the Note Editor to my current track (or Audio Editor probably sometimes as well). As it is now it jumps around tracks as you navigate.

So for instance, let's say my drum midi track is the first track on top of my arrange window and I've got the note editor open. I've got a bunch of audio tracks underneath and I've scrolled out of view of the instrument track. I want to edit the drum midi in the chorus for example so I click on an audio event in the chorus to quickly go to that part of the song. Now my Edit Window changes to the Audio Editor and shows a big blown up waveform so I have to scroll back up the arrange window to my midi track and select the midi event. I want an option to always see the Note Editor even if an audio event is selected. Having them share the same window space makes this impossible it seems.

But just as with all those track options in that video you showed (thanks learned something new!) it's possible Studio One already has this option I'm just not aware of it.

Studio One Pro 5.2
2012 Mac Mini i7 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
2 x internal 512GB SSDs (system and record drives)
1 x external 512 SSD (samples)
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
(former Pro Tool'er :mrgreen: )

3 posts
Page 1 of 1