6 posts
Page 1 of 1
1. Where are they actually saved to? Im not seeing them anywhere

2. How do you delete/trash a Song Version you don't want?

3. Are they actually stored under the main Song name somehow?

Thanks

**I wanted to drop the key in a song so I adjusted all the Melodyne edits and saved new version.
I don't care for new key and want to Delete the actual version I saved

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by Tacman7 on Sat May 08, 2021 7:34 am
I don't remember ever deleting a version...

Versions and arranger are powerful tools so I'm very careful with them.

It's possible to loose your song with versions.

That was what I was going to say, delete everything and save it as that version then it would be lightweight version.

But I found the storage location:

So when you save a version it creates a History folder and that's where versions are kept inside the song folder.

Another note:

Melodyne is a different animal. It works on files. When you bounce something you create a new file. So that's what I take into Melodyne, new file. Then after that I bounce it again to get rid of Melodyne and permenantly delete all the bounces create during the session except the final output.

So when you work like that versions don't pose any problems. But if you kept all the stuff around seems like it could get pretty confused with versions.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by bruceqld on Sat May 08, 2021 2:51 pm
Deleting the history folder will not affect your current version at all, provided it is not saved inside that folder. The only way that would happen would be if you opened a previous version to work on it and kept saving to that location under the version name. Once a song is done I delete it as part of the cleanup process. Using the delete unused files command from the audio pool (ticking the delete from hard drive option the pop up) will remove any unused takes as well. Keeps things neat and tidy!

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by shanabit on Sun May 09, 2021 8:56 am
I see now

So it basically does a SONG SAVE AS to the HISTORY Folder. I trashed those and they are gone now, very cool.

Im not sure how a version is any diff than a SAVE AS though??

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by bruceqld on Mon May 10, 2021 3:50 pm
shanabit wroteI see now

So it basically does a SONG SAVE AS to the HISTORY Folder. I trashed those and they are gone now, very cool.

Im not sure how a version is any diff than a SAVE AS though??

If I remember correctly, if you do a "save as" you are then working on that new version. Whatever you save as becomes the active song. With versioning, the original song remains active and the version is archived as a backup.

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by reggie1979beatz on Mon May 10, 2021 7:27 pm
It's still one of those features that I just don't get. I'm "save as" ADL.

Bye......:roll:

6 posts
Page 1 of 1