5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everone :)

Having purchased Studio One Professional, I see there are lots of add-ons available for download e.g. Studio One Piano, Synth Session Soundset, etc.

However, I can’t seem to find a preview of what any of them actually sound like before downloading and installing. I can’t even find a video about them on YouTube. Am I missing something? Is there somewhere that all these extras are previewed or showcased?

There also seems to be minimal info about them. For example, is the Studio One Piano the same as the “Grand” that apparently comes with Sphere? Again, am I missing a place that has lots of info about all these extras?

Cheers!
by sirmonkey on Fri May 07, 2021 9:08 pm
There are so many of them, it would take ages to preview them all.
* For the soundsets, I have noticed that what one person describes as "unusable",
(or something like that), another person loves.
So first and foremost, don't listen to the comments too much.
I would download the soundsets that you're interested in, one at a time. If you like it, keep it.
Otherwise, delete it.
Or you could just download them all, and then preview them at your leisure.
I think you would spend less time downloading and previewing on your own, rather than looking
for videos for each one. On my end, each one only took a minute or two to download.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by konsider on Fri May 07, 2021 9:22 pm
sirmonkey wroteThere are so many of them, it would take ages to preview them all.
* For the soundsets, I have noticed that what one person describes as "unusable",
(or something like that), another person loves.
So first and foremost, don't listen to the comments too much.
I would download the soundsets that you're interested in, one at a time. If you like it, keep it.
Otherwise, delete it.
Or you could just download them all, and then preview them at your leisure.
I think you would spend less time downloading and previewing on your own, rather than looking
for videos for each one. On my end, each one only took a minute or two to download.

Thanks for the advice there mate, I appreciate it :)

There seems to be only around 30 add-ons, so it would have been good if Presonus had included a little explanation beside each one. For example, apparently I can download "Studio One Instruments Volume 2" - but there is no info as to what those instruments actually are! And "Studio One Impulse Responses"... no idea what that is. One download is simply titled "Studio One Expansion". Seems crazy not to include at least some basic info for people :)

If a download is a couple of gigs, that is a big download on my connection, and a few lines of description could help me decide if I have any interest in it. If Presonus had a suggestion box, then my suggestion would be "give us info and previews please" :)
by sirmonkey on Fri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm
Yeah, that is a good idea. Personally, I just went ahead and grabbed everything, because I have good, fast internet, and a new computer.

Update: I just found this page: http://shop.presonus.com/studio-one-add ... --PreSonus
I'm pretty sure that everything there is in the 31 downloads. I checked out a few, and they seem
to line up with what I have in S1 ver 5 pro. There aren't a ton of samples, but there are a few.
That page should be a decent guide to let you know what to download to try out.
(Check the box for "PresenceXT Core Instruments" if it isn't already checked when you go
to the page)

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by konsider on Fri May 07, 2021 10:21 pm
sirmonkey wroteYeah, that is a good idea. Personally, I just went ahead and grabbed everything, because I have good, fast internet, and a new computer.

Update: I just found this page: http://shop.presonus.com/studio-one-add ... --PreSonus
I'm pretty sure that everything there is in the 31 downloads. I checked out a few, and they seem
to line up with what I have in S1 ver 5 pro. There aren't a ton of samples, but there are a few.
That page should be a decent guide to let you know what to download to try out.
(Check the box for "PresenceXT Core Instruments" if it isn't already checked when you go
to the page)

Thanks :) It seems a couple are maybe listed there, but not all. Let's hope Personus adds the info to the actual downloads in our download area :) Thanks again for your help!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1