8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I seem to be encountering this issue quite a bit lately. I'll be playing back, and then I'll hear a pop, and then all audio in playback is gone. I have to restart Studio One to be able to hear audio in playback. In addition to this, sometimes audio tracks will not have any output at all at random times. It's really inconsistent.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, are you aware of a fix?

I am using Studio One 5.1.2 on a Mac Mini 6-Core / 64GB RAM / Apollo x8

Thanks

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 | i7 Mac Mini / 64GB RAM / OS X Monterey | Apollo x8
by robertgray3 on Thu May 06, 2021 10:23 am
Generally that means a plugin desynchronized. It puts a 666 error on your meters. I think there’s another situation or two that can cause the error but that’s the most common reason.

Frequently there is a spot in the song that it occurs at which helps figure out what is causing it.

It doesn’t have to be a third party plugin, by the way. First party plug-ins used to frequently cause it. Mai Tai, Presence, Impact- all have at one point had a set of operations that would do this. They have been fixed as far as I know but issues come back so I’d find where it occurs, disable half your tracks active in that spot of the song and see if it still happens. Then do it again in halves until you find it.

Another tip- whoever codes WA Production’s plug-ins- all their plug-ins used to do this all the time. I think they cleaned up their act, but I honestly just started using them less.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PTRefugee on Thu May 06, 2021 10:36 am
Thank you for the info. I'll pay closer attention to where it occurs and try to isolated it with the steps you have suggested.

by PreAl on Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm
PTRefugee wroteHi,

I seem to be encountering this issue quite a bit lately. I'll be playing back, and then I'll hear a pop, and then all audio in playback is gone. I have to restart Studio One to be able to hear audio in playback. In addition to this, sometimes audio tracks will not have any output at all at random times. It's really inconsistent.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, are you aware of a fix?

I am using Studio One 5.1.2 on a Mac Mini 6-Core / 64GB RAM / Apollo x8

Thanks

First thing I would recommend is update studio one to the latest version (lots of bug fixes) and whilst you are at it your driver and firmware for your audio interface.

Then yes - plugins.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PTRefugee on Thu May 06, 2021 4:13 pm
Update:

Still encountering the horrible pop

1. I am now running the latest version of Studio One Professional: 5.2.1.64495
2. I've disabled every single plugin in my session (Virtual Instruments and Effects)
3. Start playback
4. The "666" pop occurs and is displayed in the main meter
5. Audio continues to be heard (so there is no dropout like I reported earlier)
6. Loud pops continue to occur
7. Submitted a trouble ticket

Device Block Size = 2048 samples
Dropout Protection = Maximum
Process Precision = Double (64 Bit)

Driver and firmware for my audio interface are the latest

by PreAl on Thu May 06, 2021 4:44 pm
PTRefugee wroteUpdate:

2. I've disabled every single plugin in my session (Virtual Instruments and Effects)
3. Start playback

And if you turn off 64 bit precision and keep reducing dropout protection?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PTRefugee on Thu May 06, 2021 5:35 pm
PreAl wrote
PTRefugee wroteUpdate:

3. Start playback

And if you turn off 64 bit precision and keep reducing dropout protection?

Here's what I just did:

1. Reduced dropout protection to medium
2. Changed device block size to 1024
3. Kept 64 bit precision
4. I created a new project and imported all data from the "loud pop" project

Everything "appears" to be working so far with all plugins enabled. No pops.

by PreAl on Fri May 07, 2021 1:31 am
Cool.
Try on the lowest dropout protection setting and work upwards. You should only use it if you need it.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1