9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Not seeing any demo trials for Ampire, not sure about Bias Fx2.

Low budget amp sims, but anyone compare the two? They cost the same on Presonus website.
by reggie1979beatz on Wed May 05, 2021 11:13 am
Well, I haven't loaded Bias in quite a while, but Ampire isn't that good. Requires much eq'ing.

For what it's worth, I use the softube amp room with the marshall cab collection (and the Kerry King sim). There is a fully functional 20 day demo with no beeps or hisses, and it's on sale right now.

https://www.softube.com/amp-month

Bye......:roll:
by IanM5 on Wed May 05, 2021 12:14 pm
Also, try the free versions of Guitar Rig and Amplitube. They are not demos. They work forever but have a very cut down selection of amps, cabs, FX etc. The companies hope that you will be tempted to either buy the specific elements that you need or just buy a bigger version with more stuff in it. But the free versions are quite usable as is and, you know, free.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by reggie1979beatz on Wed May 05, 2021 12:29 pm
I think that guitar rig is a 30 per session demo? But fully functioning during that time. You can trial the amp models in AT5 with the custom shop but it's only for 3 days. Plus those are getting up there in price (unless there is a sale I'm unaware of.)

by IanM5 on Wed May 05, 2021 1:32 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteI think that guitar rig is a 30 per session demo? But fully functioning during that time. You can trial the amp models in AT5 with the custom shop but it's only for 3 days. Plus those are getting up there in price (unless there is a sale I'm unaware of.)

No, they both have completely free tiers - unrestricted but with limited gear. But within those you can trial/audition stuff that you have to pay for if you want 'em.

You can get quite a long way with the free stuff. Certainly enough to know if you like the UI and the sounds of each. They are just another tool in the toolbox.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... -6-player/

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... itube-5-cs

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by garyshepherd on Wed May 05, 2021 2:11 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteWell, I haven't loaded Bias in quite a while, but Ampire isn't that good. Requires much eq'ing.

Ampire 2 is really good - the AC30 in particular is excellent - not sure what other people are listening too - so try it.

Bias FX2 is also good.

Helix Native is good if expensive - I use a combination of all 3.

Also good are Waves PRS Supermodels. And some of the modelling on the EZMix2 is very good.

But try Ampire 2 and don't listen to those who say it is no good - a bit of work and the ability to substitute IR's for the stock cabinets makes all the difference.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Bbd on Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 pm
I agree that Ampire 2 is really nice. I own GR5 and it has replaced it now.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by bruceqld on Fri May 07, 2021 2:13 am
Certainly a subjective question to which there is no right answer. Both are strong contenders, but my hands down favourite is Overloud TH-U. Well worth a look if you haven't.:)

https://www.guitarworld.com/reviews/ove ... h-u-review

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by reggie1979beatz on Fri May 07, 2021 12:51 pm
Buy them all, it's only way to be sure.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1