8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Im working in a project where I do markers at every event (chapters) in audio books - event by event.
And thinking about a fast way of this - would help me a lot.
by SwitchBack on Wed May 05, 2021 5:48 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

AFAIK markers pertain to the timeline, not to events.

So if you create the audiobooks in a ‘linear’ fashion (chapters following each other on the timeline) you can easily drop in markers by keyboard shortcut (default is Y, or shift-Y for named markers). If you do the chapters on separate tracks all starting at 00:00 then I don’t think markers can be used.
by Tacman7 on Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 am
You can set the option to move the cursor to the start of an event when you select an event. (cursor follows edit position)

So you select an event and hit the marker shortcut(numkey 0 with lock off), then hit the right arrow to move the selection and put down another marker.

There's a shortcut that will put a marker at the start of every arranger section, and there's a shortcut that will put an arranger section where every marker is if you work with the arranger much.

Pretty quick way.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by SwitchBack on Wed May 05, 2021 7:28 am
You can also set a keyboard shortcut for ‘move to next event’ (there’s no default for this one). You can even combine ‘move to next event’ and ‘insert marker’ in a macro, with a keyboard shortcut. It all depends on your workflow and the way you’ve used separate events (or not) in chapters.
by Tacman7 on Wed May 05, 2021 7:35 am
Numpad Right and left arrows move to next/previous event for me.

Tested it out, works pretty quick hitting the two keys back and forth.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by SwitchBack on Wed May 05, 2021 7:48 am
Found it: ‘Goto Next Event’ (default shortcut Shift-Alt-N) is the one you want :) The other ones don’t move the cursor (which you need to insert a marker).
by Tacman7 on Wed May 05, 2021 7:57 am
That's where you turn on the cursor follows edit position and each selection moves the cursor to the start of the selection.

So the arrow moves the selection and the cursor follows with it.

Forum Moderator.

by SwitchBack on Wed May 05, 2021 7:58 am
Ah, cool. Many ways to skin a cat ;)

8 posts
Page 1 of 1