5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey there- new to the forumn.

I have a question about my workflow:

Is there a way to stop the window from losing focus on the selected track when I toggle show/hide automation?

I've recorded a video that demonstrated the issue.

phpBB [video]

I click on the Pads track, click A to view automation. I then have to scroll around to find the track again. This can become time consuming- not a very ideal workflow.

I'd love to know how I can improve this. Thanks in advance!
by Trucky on Tue May 04, 2021 4:53 pm
Welcome to the forum!
When I press A on a track the view stays with the track and doesn't move.
Possibly an option setting may be causing what you're experiencing.

What Studio One version are you running?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by bewiggins5 on Tue May 04, 2021 4:55 pm
Hmmm...

Trucky wroteWhat Studio One version are you running?

The latest Studio One 5 I believe!
by Trucky on Tue May 04, 2021 8:24 pm
I watched your video again and tried to replicate your setup.
I'm seeing similar results between track and automation views when the zoom levels are vastly different.
Not sure if there's a way to sync focus when views are in that condition.
Hopefully someone else will reply with a solution for this.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by bewiggins5 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:17 pm
Are you saying I can stop this from happening by somehow syncing the zoom levels between automation and normal views? I would like to know how to do this reliably. It’s not ideal, however, because editing automation typically warrants a higher level of zoom than simply managing events as one normally does.

This has been significantly reducing the speed at which I can work, and the problem compounds as a song grows. I find an increasingly large portion of my time working in Studio 1 is spent scrolling around looking for the track I’m trying to edit because it’s constantly vanishing from the screen as I attempt to edit automation lanes.

My songs average 75-150 tracks/layers, each with 3-10 automate parameters, and I’m constantly needing to bounce between them to tweak automation, so you can imagine how bad this gets over time.

I’m coming from Ableton Live where my workflow is not inhibited by this problem. I think it’s very important that the behavior in Ableton is adapted here.

I would really appreciate some insight into how others avoid this problem!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1