6 posts
Page 1 of 1
My wired PC mouse has had it and an extra wireless mouse I had is acting up so I need to buy a new mouse and I was wondering if S1 will recognize the programmable buttons on a "gaming" mouse and let you assign them to common task or macros? Thanks!

by bruceqld on Sat May 01, 2021 4:42 pm
The software that comes with the mouse is what you need to investigate. It will tell you what key combinations can be assigned to the buttons. You can then assign those as keyboard shortcuts to whatever finction you like S1.

Then you have utilities lik bome midi translator which will allow you to assign keys, buttons and controllers to anything you like!

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by jasonpocorus on Tue May 04, 2021 7:21 am
I have a logitech and the software for it won't let me program it for S1 which is aggravating to say the least.

My advice: don't get a logi

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:
by garyshepherd on Tue May 04, 2021 9:36 am
I have the Logitech MX Master 3 for Mac - and you can program buttons - I have the thumbwheel programmed to horizontal scroll in Studio One as the software lets you define the app for custom buttons use. So you can.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by garyshepherd on Tue May 04, 2021 9:40 am
jasonpocorus wroteI have a logitech and the software for it won't let me program it for S1 which is aggravating to say the least.

My advice: don't get a logi

You are incorrect as far as Logi Options software is concerned. For the MX Master 3 you can program the mouse for Studio One.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by jasonpocorus on Wed May 05, 2021 4:39 am
That's the one MX Master 3
For whatever reason, it won't program itself

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:

6 posts
Page 1 of 1