6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Earlier this year I watched a video, with Gregor I believe, where in the midi editor he inserted a note, then clicked/dragged to insert a range of notes across different note values. So for example, with a scale selected you could insert a root note and then create a crescendo up the scale to a destination note. Or, interestingly, in a drum VST you can insert a kick note and then drag up through various instruments, then randomize all the notes for some interesting percussion patterns.

I tried to use this feature today using a variety of key commands/combinations, but nothing worked. I thought I saved the link to the video but now cannot find it.

Anyone remember how this is done?

Thanks.

Anyone

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by SMcNamara on Sat May 01, 2021 9:59 am
Anyone? Bueller? :D

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

by vanhaze on Sun May 02, 2021 5:26 am
In the Editor, with Arrow Tool selected:

(PC): Hold down CTRL+ALT, then left mouse button pushed down and drag your mouse
(MAC): Hold down CMD+ALT, then left mouse button pushed down and drag your mouse

With Paint Tool selected:

(PC & MAC): Hold down ALT, then left mouse button pushed down and drag your mouse

Hope this is helpful !

Macbook Air M1 2020, 8 gig RAM, 256 gig SSD | OSX Ventura -latest Beta | Presonus Studio 24C audio interface.
by SMcNamara on Sun May 02, 2021 10:36 am
vanhaze wroteIn the Editor, with Arrow Tool selected:

(PC): Hold down CTRL+ALT, then left mouse button pushed down and drag your mouse
(MAC): Hold down CMD+ALT, then left mouse button pushed down and drag your mouse

With Paint Tool selected:

(PC & MAC): Hold down ALT, then left mouse button pushed down and drag your mouse

Hope this is helpful !

Thanks for writing. I tried (at least I think I tried :) ) the Arrow Tool suggestion with no luck, so I'll have to re-try.

But the Paint Tool (slaps forehead). When I'm in the studio I'll give that a try, it sounds right.

Thanks again.

by vanhaze on Mon May 03, 2021 12:49 am
UR very welcome and i hope it works out for you !

Macbook Air M1 2020, 8 gig RAM, 256 gig SSD | OSX Ventura -latest Beta | Presonus Studio 24C audio interface.
by SMcNamara on Fri May 07, 2021 10:50 am
vanhaze wroteUR very welcome and i hope it works out for you !

The Paint tool was exactly what I had overlooked. Thanks again.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1