78 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
So much more stable - thanks! I am happily back in Studio 5 after a forced quarantine in 4.6.2 following constant crashes.
EXTXZ Productions wroteI'm using an AudioBox USB96 and ever since the 5.2.1 update i've had an issue with a certain plug-in not displaying it's usual GUI (i have a ticket with the plug-in vendor). The next issue is S1 just crashing for no good reason.... i was disabling LABS synth instrument and it crashed. Also it pretty consistently crashes everytime i go to FILE>CLOSE to properly close a session. It just did it a few times to me today. not something i want to get used to. I might revert back to just 5.2 :thumbdown:

Just a guess, but are you using any Kontakt instances by any chance? I used to have the same behavior in any project with Kontakt. Now with the latest version I dont have that problem anymore so perhaps just update.

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD
by PNIL on Fri May 28, 2021 1:53 am
I hope this is the right place to ask. I'm running Studio One 2 (Producer) and i want to upgrade to Studio One 5 Professional. Which version is it that i should buy to upgrade?

Also, is there any video walk-through/demo of the virtual instruments that come with the program?

iMac 21,5" (late 2013)
2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB RAM
Upgraded with external SSD drive
macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Studio One 5.5 Professional

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
by vasilykorytov on Fri May 28, 2021 6:06 am
PNIL wroteI hope this is the right place to ask. I'm running Studio One 2 (Producer) and i want to upgrade to Studio One 5 Professional. Which version is it that i should buy to upgrade?

frankly, it's not the place, but here is the link.

until 1st of July they have a nice discount, so hurry up.

by Carsten01 on Sat May 29, 2021 1:49 am
EXTXZ Productions wroteI'm using an AudioBox USB96 and ever since the 5.2.1 update i've had an issue with a certain plug-in not displaying it's usual GUI (i have a ticket with the plug-in vendor). The next issue is S1 just crashing for no good reason.... i was disabling LABS synth instrument and it crashed. Also it pretty consistently crashes everytime i go to FILE>CLOSE to properly close a session. It just did it a few times to me today. not something i want to get used to. I might revert back to just 5.2 :thumbdown:

Are you using any waves plugins? Seems like newest version have some issues with older waves plugins. see
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=44330

Studio One Pro 5.2
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 32GB DDR4 3600MHz - 1TB SSD Interface: Steinberg UR 22
Faderport V2 / Atom SQ
by robertgray3 on Sat May 29, 2021 7:32 am
It’s worth noting even Waves V11 does not support Studio One 5 officially. Some work, some behave strangely, some crash.

They haven’t historically gone back and updated old versions of waves to support things new hosts are doing (either for compatibility or features). This was probably not a big deal when Waves versions would last for longer than 2 years, but now you have to update more frequently.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by DJKeys on Mon May 31, 2021 3:57 pm
I just upgraded to Big Sur and Studio One 5.2.1. The application will not start at all. There is a long list of errors. What is the best way to clean out the system and get this running?

Thanks!

-dj

2019 iMAC i7
250GB SSD (internal)
1TB SSD (external)x2
16GB RAM
OSX 13.5
Studio One 5.5.2
Waves Platinum v14
Ozone 9 Advanced
Focusrite Dual Mono Mic Pre
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Nektar T4
by PreAl on Mon May 31, 2021 4:18 pm
DJKeys wroteI just upgraded to Big Sur and Studio One 5.2.1. The application will not start at all. There is a long list of errors. What is the best way to clean out the system and get this running?

Thanks!

-dj

Best start a new thread for this and state exactly what the errors are, just copy/paste/screenshot.

Also you could try uninstall and reinstall.
Always backup.

Thx.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by DJKeys on Mon May 31, 2021 4:39 pm
Since the errors were coming from my midi controller, I deleted it, re opened the application, and re-added the device. Seems to be working now, thanks!

-dj

2019 iMAC i7
250GB SSD (internal)
1TB SSD (external)x2
16GB RAM
OSX 13.5
Studio One 5.5.2
Waves Platinum v14
Ozone 9 Advanced
Focusrite Dual Mono Mic Pre
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Nektar T4
by danieljocher on Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:30 am
Hey guys,

when i use the score view with the latest Studio One 5.2.1 it only shows 11 Bars. Doesn't matter how long the actual instrument part is.. see attached screenshot..

MacOS 11.3.1 / MacBook Pro M1

Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-02 um 11.27.34.png
by PreAl on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:08 am
Hey Presonus, can we have a full reset plug settings (which will also clear out the folder paths) and a reset default setting for studio one button please? That may save a lot of time for your technical support when we get into issues, in the meantime we do the process manually when we run into trouble. I still think there maybe a bug with the plugin scanner where data gets corrupted occasionally. Thx

(And nope I'm not posting a feature request for this, but I bet their support would if they got a chance).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Baphometrix on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:37 am
gregghart wroteDoes anybody else find it annoying that once you mix a song down, the "Save" flag gets turned back on, even though you saved it before you mixed down? Then if you close the song, and hit "yes" to save it out of habit, your project page then says that your master file isn't current. Why does mixing a song flag the song as not being the latest version?

Yes. Super annoying. So annoying that it has driven me away from Presonus' entire workflow for mastering.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by PreAl on Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:15 am
Baphometrix wrote
gregghart wroteDoes anybody else find it annoying that once you mix a song down, the "Save" flag gets turned back on, even though you saved it before you mixed down? Then if you close the song, and hit "yes" to save it out of habit, your project page then says that your master file isn't current. Why does mixing a song flag the song as not being the latest version?

Yes. Super annoying. So annoying that it has driven me away from Presonus' entire workflow for mastering.

Not saying it's the case in this instance, but often there is a plugin that changes something on the fly without intervention (or so it's been explained to me).

by robertgray3 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:23 am
PreAl wroteNot saying it's the case in this instance, but often there is a plugin that changes something on the fly without intervention (or so it's been explained to me).

Lots of plug-ins will use small amounts of “parameter automation” when first initialized to make sure the settings are correct.

The problem is even if this occurs while initializing a song, Control Link will read this parameter automation as “multiple parameters have been adjusted” and flag the dirty bit that says something has changed.

It would be preferable for Control Link to ignore automation occurring before the song is loaded, considering Studio One can already see what is occurring during initialization and what is occurring afterwards.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by davidspencerbarker on Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:36 am
Hello :D
Really enjoying using Studio One 5 ,learning lots since I purchased in July last year (wow nearly a year )

Loads of new stuff I am discovering,which is a real surprise,(yeah I need to read the manual too,lol) :D

Been watching and enjoying the Presonus tutorials too. (Gregor and Joe are great at teaching)

I am gradually getting a feel for whats possible,not a green horn to a DAW since I used others before
But the whole workflow of Studio One is very slick.And what took me by surprise,less mouse clicks to get things done :mrgreen:

Quick question: Any news on further updates? Be it maintenance or anything?

Cheers

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by PreAl on Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:43 am
davidspencerbarker wrote
Quick question: Any news on further updates? Be it maintenance or anything?

Cheers

If you want to know a few days before everybody else join Sphere. The most notice you will get is a week (perhaps for some trade event), otherwise releases get dropped at more or less zero notice (the norm). Stay on alert every couple of months.

by davidspencerbarker on Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:29 am
OK thanks
Just wondering,I have no very little experience of using Studio One 5,and still in a learning phase

I might consider joining Sphere at a later date

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by PreAl on Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:33 am
davidspencerbarker wroteOK thanks
Just wondering,I have no very little experience of using Studio One 5,and still in a learning phase

I might consider joining Sphere at a later date

With sphere you need to look at the whole deal and see if it works for you. I bought my copy of studio one in the end and I'm not a Sphere member.

78 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4