78 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
robertgray3 wrote
garyanderson5 wroteSo someone just posted Studio One is selecting inputs when you change a track from stereo to mono.

I thought it always did that, and I find it helpful in most cases. I guess it depends how you set up your I/O settings and whether or not one has audio tracks with no input assigned frequently.

This was my thoughts as well. Some people on Presonus Facebook forum are saying there inputs don't change at all unlike the way were talking. So maby it's an interface thing idk. Not really a problem for me i was just curious as people are reporting unchanged inputs when selecting mono\stereo on a track and some are like us, that think it's always been the way it works.

Windows Pro 11 22H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 2X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 2TB, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by PreAl on Sun May 02, 2021 2:45 pm
If by design there could always be a setting to change the behaviour (enhancement request). If bug then fix...

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by robertgray3 on Sun May 02, 2021 3:32 pm
garyanderson5 wrote
robertgray3 wrote
garyanderson5 wroteSo someone just posted Studio One is selecting inputs when you change a track from stereo to mono.

I thought it always did that, and I find it helpful in most cases. I guess it depends how you set up your I/O settings and whether or not one has audio tracks with no input assigned frequently.

This was my thoughts as well. Some people on Presonus Facebook forum are saying there inputs don't change at all unlike the way were talking. So maby it's an interface thing idk. Not really a problem for me i was just curious as people are reporting unchanged inputs when selecting mono\stereo on a track and some are like us, that think it's always been the way it works.

The behavior depends on how you set up your IO Settings in the Song Setup menu. Basically it is "if the user changes an audio track from mono to stereo, the input field will move to the first available input." I'm assuming it's to prevent one getting into situations where the stereo input you're on doesn't have a direct equivalent in the IO settings.

Not sure if this was a quality-of-life feature added somewhere down the road but if anyone really wants to dive in they can download old versions of Studio One from your account and see. I'd check before 4.0 as they added a lot of IO changes then.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by vasilykorytov on Mon May 03, 2021 6:36 pm
big applause to PreSonus for fixing the sidechaining regression.

but there're lots of bugs to address further. like a v5 regression in UX (ticket 644939) or annoying bugs with macros (ticket 492441; more than two years since filed and confirmed but no progress). so hoping to see more bugfix-focused releases.

by bruceqld on Tue May 04, 2021 3:59 pm
This really is a solid update. Well done Presonus!🤗

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by musicchamber on Thu May 06, 2021 11:07 pm
Yesterday I tried copying from key edit and pasting into the scoreedit window (score edit was in a separate window, but on the same monitor) . Copy and pasting seems to be broken for me. Basically it just wouldn’t copy and paste between those two editors etc.
Can anyone test this, thanks.

Scott.

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by bruceqld on Sat May 08, 2021 3:02 pm
musicchamber wroteYesterday I tried copying from key edit and pasting into the scoreedit window (score edit was in a separate window, but on the same monitor) . Copy and pasting seems to be broken for me. Basically it just wouldn’t copy and paste between those two editors etc.

Scott.

Hey Scott. I can copy between key and drum edit, but as you say not score edit. This is not something I generally do in my workflow, so I could not say whether it was broken or not. If you could do it before, then it is indeed broken.

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by musicchamber on Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm
bruceqld wrote
musicchamber wroteYesterday I tried copying from key edit and pasting into the scoreedit window (score edit was in a separate window, but on the same monitor) . Copy and pasting seems to be broken for me. Basically it just wouldn’t copy and paste between those two editors etc.

Scott.

Hey Scott. I can copy between key and drum edit, but as you say not score edit. This is not something I generally do in my workflow, so I could not say whether it was broken or not. If you could do it before, then it is indeed broken.

Thanks, for testing. I'm not sure if it was like this before or not. It's the first time that I tried to cut and paste between Key Edit and Score Edit etc.

Maybe someone else on the forum knows if this has changed or is not possible etc. I find it strange why you shouldn't be able to do this tbh.

Thanks again,
Scott

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by djmindcraft1 on Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 pm
I just installed the v5.2.1.64495 update and my entire audio hardware now no longer works.
Its completely not working.
Something is seriously wrong with the newest update.

You guys broke something to the point where my audio hardware now no longer works.

Windows 10 x64-bit ---- AMD FX-8350 ---- GTX 1070-Ti w/ 8-GB RAM ---- 1TB SSD C-Drive ---- 32-GB DDR3-RAM ---- Presonus Studio v5 Professional ---- Studio 192-Mobile.
by PreAl on Sun May 09, 2021 11:50 pm
djmindcraft1 wroteI just installed the v5.2.1.64495 update and my entire audio hardware now no longer works.

You guys broke something to the point where my audio hardware now no longer works.

Works for me, I'm not seeing many others with your scenario. Try uninstalling your audio interface drivers, reboot and installing latest drivers and firmware. Make sure windows update is up to date. Remove anything like ASIO4ALL. Of course make sure your audio settings are correct in studio one.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Mon May 10, 2021 7:43 am
djmindcraft1 wroteI just installed the v5.2.1.64495 update and my entire audio hardware now no longer works.

Your signature doesn't list your audio interface, so I can't give specific advice more than what PreAl gave...but, I haven't heard of anyone having this issue at all. Sometimes my Focusrite just stops working for what ever reason. I usually just need to reboot. One time I had to download the latest / greatest drivers. Another time, I just had to reselect the audio interface as the default audio source...somehow it changed.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by EXTXZ Productions on Mon May 10, 2021 6:31 pm
I'm using an AudioBox USB96 and ever since the 5.2.1 update i've had an issue with a certain plug-in not displaying it's usual GUI (i have a ticket with the plug-in vendor). The next issue is S1 just crashing for no good reason.... i was disabling LABS synth instrument and it crashed. Also it pretty consistently crashes everytime i go to FILE>CLOSE to properly close a session. It just did it a few times to me today. not something i want to get used to. I might revert back to just 5.2 :thumbdown:
by PreAl on Tue May 11, 2021 1:12 am
EXTXZ Productions wroteI'm using an AudioBox USB96 and ever since the 5.2.1 update i've had an issue with a certain plug-in not displaying it's usual GUI (i have a ticket with the plug-in vendor). The next issue is S1 just crashing for no good reason.... i was disabling LABS synth instrument and it crashed. Also it pretty consistently crashes everytime i go to FILE>CLOSE to properly close a session. It just did it a few times to me today. not something i want to get used to. I might revert back to just 5.2 :thumbdown:

We don't know your OS. Please update your signature with your specs.
If windows make sure windows update and your audio/display drivers and firmware are up to date

by PreAl on Tue May 11, 2021 2:08 am
Oddity distorting at 64 bit samples only...
Looking for feedback on this specific use case.
Thx.
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=44987

by Leightdogg on Tue May 11, 2021 12:36 pm
Hello,
I recently did a Studio One 5 update and for some reason, my Studio One was downgraded to S1 Artist. I am a presonus Sphere subscriber in good standing. I uninstalled S1 artist and tried to re-install S1 Pro, but my DAW keeps opening up to S1 artist. What am I missing here? This started when I did the recent update...

Leight-
by PreAl on Tue May 11, 2021 2:24 pm
Leightdogg wroteHello,
I recently did a Studio One 5 update and for some reason, my Studio One was downgraded to S1 Artist. I am a presonus Sphere subscriber in good standing. I uninstalled S1 artist and tried to re-install S1 Pro, but my DAW keeps opening up to S1 artist. What am I missing here? This started when I did the recent update...

Leight-

Make sure you are using the right serial number.
Otherwise contact support.

by scottyo7 on Tue May 11, 2021 3:41 pm
PreAl says 'serial number'?

When I bought v5.2.1, I got a "product key" (potato, potahto). :lol:
Uninstall version 5 and ensure it's not showing up in your PC's program list.

Once that's done, install v5.2.1 again.
When you start it, it should ask for the "Product Key".

But First... Here's a guide that may help:
"How to Download version 5.X.X and try it out while still using 5.X.Y: (via Johnny Geib).
Follow these steps when installing and you can't go wrong.

1. Download the new version of S1.
2. Change the name of the current S1 icon to reflect what version it currently executes. EXAMPLE: Studio One 2.6.3.
3. Run the installer for the new version you're upgrading to/trying out.
4. When it pops up with the location, add a folder called EXAMPLE 2.6.X and select it.
5. Now, finish running the installer.

All versions of Studio One should still use the same song and project lists, presets, soundsets and all saved settings (because they are in a shared roaming file under app data on a PC).

This a great way to compare CPU consumption, features, functions and options between different versions and you'll never be stuck having to roll back. With each update and fix you can update only to the version you want and never touch the "One That Works"

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by gregghart on Tue May 18, 2021 9:21 am
Does anybody else find it annoying that once you mix a song down, the "Save" flag gets turned back on, even though you saved it before you mixed down? Then if you close the song, and hit "yes" to save it out of habit, your project page then says that your master file isn't current. Why does mixing a song flag the song as not being the latest version?

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by reggie1979beatz on Tue May 18, 2021 7:29 pm
I may be way off base here, but wouldn't it be a good idea to have a template we can share to test things out for one another?

Bye......:roll:
by PreAl on Wed May 19, 2021 3:21 am
reggie1979beatz wroteI may be way off base here, but wouldn't it be a good idea to have a template we can share to test things out for one another?

Not sure about the use case, the blank template is generally the way to go with steps to repro. Regardless you can attach files here. Probably one for a separate thread.

78 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4