14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Stop Studio One from hogging the sound driver. All other applications are well behaved in that regard. I can run Spotify, my web browser and Windows media player simultaneously and they all play at the same time. But while Studio One is running, I cannot even change the computer volume without problems. If Studio One is lauched before other applications, those applications cannot access the sound driver. If other applications are lauched first, Studio One freezes when I give it focus. Yes, I have tried changing the Studio One settings/parameters (Release audio device on background) to no avail.

It is immensely annoying.

Thank you.
by IanM5 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 am
Have a look in the Windows audio device properties too. There are some exclusive settings there.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by michelvillemaire1 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:42 am
IanM5 wroteHave a look in the Windows audio device properties too. There are some exclusive settings there.

I had already checked also :)

Thanks.
by Tacman7 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:57 pm
Have you tried the checkbox on the audio setup page?

The release audio device

audio setuo 2.JPG

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by robertgray3 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:09 pm
michelvillemaire1 wroteYes, I have tried changing the Studio One settings/parameters (Release audio device on background) to no avail.

Tacman7 wroteHave you tried the checkbox on the audio setup page?

:D

What interface are you using? Do you have more than one you can try? I remember I had an interface that didn't seem to communicate with DAWs properly, especially things like changing Buffer Size and releasing the driver

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Tacman7 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:37 am
Missed that!

Do you use HDMI sound also?

I notice I can have S1 going and send windows to the HDMI driver.

If S1 is the only program you're running does it work then?

Like can you play an mp3 file outside of S1?

If so then see if there's certain app that causes problems, just a thought.

If you have a sound card that came with the computer run windows through that and out to your interface inputs.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by michelvillemaire1 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:09 am
Tacman7 wroteMissed that!

Do you use HDMI sound also?

No HDMI.

Anyway, at least, it does not prevent me from enjoying Studio One :)

Thanks !
by Tacman7 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:07 am
What sample rate are you using?

That and what interface?

Usually the problem can be corrected with matching sample rates.

But there are other issues depending on what interface you're using.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.

by michelvillemaire1 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:15 am
I have attached an image.

Windows 10 Home
Studio One 5.1.2 Pro
Ryzen 7 3700X
Creative AE-7 sound card

Attachments
Untitled.png
by Tacman7 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:51 am
Does anything change when you select and deselect the device checkbox?

It works for me unchecked.

Forum Moderator.

by michelvillemaire1 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:10 am
Neither works, checked or uncheked.
by jasonpocorus on Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:26 pm
michelvillemaire1 wroteStop Studio One from hogging the sound driver. All other applications are well behaved in that regard. I can run Spotify, my web browser and Windows media player simultaneously and they all play at the same time. But while Studio One is running, I cannot even change the computer volume without problems. If Studio One is lauched before other applications, those applications cannot access the sound driver. If other applications are lauched first, Studio One freezes when I give it focus. Yes, I have tried changing the Studio One settings/parameters (Release audio device on background) to no avail.

It is immensely annoying.

Thank you.

I selected windows audio as my interface and solved it

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:
by PreAl on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:58 pm
This might be better, setting windows audio as an interface in studio one is far from ideal.

Set windows audio to realtek spdif/out..Enable the output device in control panel, make it default. Disable all the other output drivers in windows control panel.

Plug in spfif cable into realtek output and put it into the creative sp/dif input (enable the input device in the creative mixer, not in windows control panel!). You can buy spdif cables on eBay for only a few dollars,.maybe creative supplied one.

Make sure you set up your creative card so it monitors spdif.

Then set up studio one to use the Creative driver (preferably asio).

There should be no sample rate conflicts after this..You are using realtek for Windows, and your creative card for studio one. They can operate independently.

This works for me for my saffire pro 40 and onboard realtek, hopefully it will work with the creative card. Creative cards in the past haven't exactly been great for recording, it's mainly for gamers, but maybe things have changed.

Oh and if you have ASIO4All installed remove it completely.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PreAl on Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:53 am
Selecting windows audio is not a good solution I'm afraid you must use the ASIO drivers.

Today I discovered that Windows 10 20H2 is no longer compatible with saffire pro 40.

There is a hack..
Firstly do what I posted before with line out etc.

And check this:
https://gearspace.com/board/music-compu ... mance.html

Screenshot_20210911-083638.png

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1