12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone here have motorized faders working properly integrated with Studio One? Is it plugin and play for you with your device or is there more to it?

I wonder if there was anything special to get it going to follow your playback?

I've setup my X-Touch Compact fader controller, using a Mackie template (no Behringer one for it), and the hardware faders will move the software volume sliders, but after being let go for a moment, they slide back down to zero, though the software ones stay where set.

And during playback, the faders are motionless, they don't follow the volume automation.

So I'm wondering if there's something I've missed reading through the setup info, or it's just an incompatibility here even though my X-Touch Compact is in Mackie mode.

Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by Bbd on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 pm
Please post your system specs with S1 version #, etc.
Have you checked with X-Touch about their setup with Studio One?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jw31 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:52 pm
I intend to try to get through to Behringer re: the XTC, they are a bit of a corporate giant however I am not too sure I'll be able to get answers.

Studio One v5.2.0.63799. Windows version.

X-Touch Compact setup as 'Mackie Control' in Mackie mode, latest firmware. Tried several other different device presets than 'Mackie Control', it's the one working best.

I'm thinking since there's no Behringer X-Touch in the lists, that could be the issue, but the faders do work to move the software sliders, they just don't respond properly after that or for motorized following playback.

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by jw31 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:53 pm
Otherwise specs wise I'm just operating on an Intel 8086K PC, 32GB ram, AMD video card, SSD drives, etc.

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by jw31 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:09 pm
Well I submitted a ticket, we'll see!

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by Jemusic on Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:43 pm
In order for Faderport 8 to work and change the faders after you move a software fader, it needs to receive midi data as well as send it.

I see in External Devices in the Faderport 8 setup there is only one controller device there for it but the SEND TO and RECEIVE FROM menus are check to show PreSonus FP8.

Have you done the same with your XTouch.

This is the only time you use one External Device to SEND TO and RECEIVE FROM from what I can tell.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jw31 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 pm
Yes this is what I thought of as well, but both send and receive are setup.

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by Jemusic on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:13 am
Reality is that Faderport is the ultimate controller for Studio One. Nothing really comes close in terms of deep integration. But I hope you can get XTouch working to a satisfactory level though.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jw31 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:19 pm
Well, I have no idea why, but after several days of trying to get it to work, it just mysteriously started working after I left the computer on for some hours and took a nap. Just one of those things.

If I hadn't gotten it going, and things went better around here, I would've switched to a Faderport. As it is, this'll do.

With the Faderports by the way, how easy is it to use them as both volume/track controllers and CC controllers at once? Doable having one fader be a volume and the next be a CC without a mode switch?

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by Tacman7 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:35 pm
Nap usually does it for me too.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by craigparmerlee on Tue May 18, 2021 3:45 pm
jw31 wroteI've setup my X-Touch Compact fader controller, using a Mackie template (no Behringer one for it), and the hardware faders will move the software volume sliders, but after being let go for a moment, they slide back down to zero, though the software ones stay where set.

And during playback, the faders are motionless, they don't follow the volume automation.

I have this exact problem. It always worked with S1 V3 and V4, but it has never worked since I have been on V5. And when I go back to V4 now, it no longer works.

The X-Touch works fine on Cubase.

========================

I did a complete power off of the PC and all connected devices. When it came back on, everything was working correctly. FWIW, on my power-down, some Microsoft updates were installed.

Home studio:
Windows 10 Home 10.0.143393 64-bit
Intel Core I7 4 core 3.6 GHz 16 GB RAM
Studio One 5.0 Professional (and other DAWs)
Audiobox 1818VSL audio interface
Mobile studio:
Studio One 5.0 Professional
HP Pavillion 15-cs3079nr laptop Intel Core I5-1035G1 8GB, 1.29 GHz, 4 core
Presonus StudioLive AR12 USB as interface (Looking to upgrade)
by jebbyslonar on Thu May 20, 2021 1:30 am
I'm wondering if this might have something to do with the greater problem that automation does not always work in studio one. I am currently experiencing that problem with the synthesizer vsti by Arturia the "CS 80". I spent several open and close of the session which kept freezing, to write 20 minutes of automation or more into the CS 80 with pre existing midi notes.
The automation will not play back on the instrument. Not in a mixdown, not in a resolve to audio, not in real time as I watch. It simply does not play back and put the automation. I can see the automation envelope, and watching the vst as it runs thru a fade or a increase, no movement in the CS 80's for instance LPF2 RES. I make erratic movements under latch mode, in a loop, to record a fast change then set to read, watching the automation envelope then with my 'drawing', but playing back it does nothing.

A real long thread on automation problems is found in the forum before coming here to the more recent posts: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=29367&hilit=automation+arturia+not&start=120

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
Presonus Studio interfaces:
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Look up what I'm doing today on my Bitchute channel "Wind Whispering Through The Trees"
Why didn't Van Gogh poke out his eye?

12 posts
Page 1 of 1