6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I was following a youtube tutorial last night where the host created a single midi track then dragged the Impact VI onto the track. The preset which the host selected has the touch pads mapped to multiple tracks however I only noticed these additional tracks in the mix window.

Why does S1-5 allow for a multi-track VI preset to record to a single track in the mix window?

Sorry if this is confusing, I am also confused. I understand the extra ability to mix individual sounds using multiple tracks but shouldn't this also require multiple tracks in the edit window?

Windows
i9-13900
32 GB RAM
X32C
BAE 1073DMP x2
HS8
ATH-M50x
by robertgray3 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:59 pm
treyyoung wroteHello,

I was following a youtube tutorial last night where the host created a single midi track then dragged the Impact VI onto the track. The preset which the host selected has the touch pads mapped to multiple tracks however I only noticed these additional tracks in the mix window.

Why does S1-5 allow for a multi-track VI preset to record to a single track in the mix window?

Sorry if this is confusing, I am also confused. I understand the extra ability to mix individual sounds using multiple tracks but shouldn't this also require multiple tracks in the edit window?

Because one track in the Arrange View can have multiple outputs in the Console.

It's a more traditional Sequencer Tracks and Output Channels approach, like hardware. Cubase also operates like this. I feel like Reason also did but it's been a very long time since I used it.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by treyyoung on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm
robertgray3 wrote
treyyoung wroteHello,

Because one track in the Arrange View can have multiple outputs in the Console.

It's a more traditional Sequencer Tracks and Output Channels approach, like hardware. Cubase also operates like this. I feel like Reason also did but it's been a very long time since I used it.

Just to be clear, does the single track in arrange view contain all of the midi notes? The visual representation in the arrange view does not appear to show all of the midi from the edit window. Muting the single track does mute all midi from the virtual instrument.

The reason I am asking this question is that the default levels are clipping my output/master fader. How do I reduce the volume of all the sounds from the virtual instrument? I tried the gain adjustment on the amp controls but this does not reduce the volume for some reason.

Sorry I am still fighting this learning curve so I'm sure my questions seem bizarre or irrelevant.

Windows
i9-13900
32 GB RAM
X32C
BAE 1073DMP x2
HS8
ATH-M50x
by robertgray3 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:06 pm

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Tacman7 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:51 am
treyyoung wrote

There's a lot of ways to work with midi in S1.
The more choices you have the more decisions you have to make!

A multitimbral instrument can load up to 16 different voices. You could have one midi track to control the sound of those 16 voices. Any note you put on the track sounds all 16 voices.
You want a thick sound? That would do it.

That's why you can add more tracks on different midi channels sent to the same instrument so you can have the voices do different things than just the one track.

The audio from those 16 tracks (1 instrument) all come out the same audio channel(pair).

You can add more audio channels if need be so that all 16 tracks have their own audio channel where you can add audio insert fx for each channel.

Now with a drum kit one midi channel can handle everything and all the midi is on one track.

You are still able to add additional audio channels so you can add processing to specific drums etc.
and those only show up in the mixer.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by treyyoung on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:28 am
robertgray3 wrotehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9gngHMyYgM&feature=emb_title

Ironically I was already watching this video when you posted the link!

I discovered the "Amp" settings are applied to each pad individually. So I was able to adjust the level by turning down the Gain on the Amp. I just needed to select the correct pads before adjustment.

Windows
i9-13900
32 GB RAM
X32C
BAE 1073DMP x2
HS8
ATH-M50x

6 posts
Page 1 of 1