11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a song with 3 vst instruments end 2 effect send plugins each with 1 vst effect.

It takes 1 minute and 10 seconds to load it in Studio One 5.2

Here is what I do.

I restart my Mac

Launch Studio One

Open the song

This takes 1 minute and 10 seconds

I have the exact same song in Cubase Pro 11.

I do the same thing.

I restart my Mac

Launch Cubase Pro 11

Open the song

It takes 7 seconds

Is this normal for Studio One?

Best regards
Hjortur.

Otherwise a happy Studio One user.

Best regards,
Hjörtur Haraldsson Blöndal

Apple - Mac mini M1 macOS Monterey12.4
Steinberg - UR22C Audio Interface
ProSonus - Studio One Professional 5.5.2
by gregghart on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:22 am
When Cubase loads the song in 7 seconds, are all the VST samples loaded as well? Can you literally hit PLAY and the song will play right then and there? My guess is Cubase loads the VST shell first, then loads the samples. Studio One loads (most of) the samples up front before loading the song.

Just spitballing here. I've never used Cubase, so I don't know how that works.

One thing you could try, bounce / freeze all the tracks in both and then compare.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by haraldsson on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:12 am
Hi.

There are no samples.

I use one Arturia Piano V - Arturia calls it "MODELED PIANO" and two GForce Oddity2 synths.

Yes, in Cubase, after 7 seconds I hit play and it plays.

But the main issue is that Studio One is slow - not that Cubase is fast. :-)

Best regards,

by Bbd on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:30 am
I would contact Support about this. Let us know what they say.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by haraldsson on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:04 am
Thank you Bbd.

I will.

Best regards,

by Bbd on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:13 am
:+1

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by haraldsson on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:39 pm
It looks like it was one of the effects - Native Instruments Replika XT - that was the problem. I removed it from the song and now the song loads faster.

Best regards,

by Steve Carter on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:12 pm
I’ve always found S1 to be slow loading a song. Sure! It’s ultimately gonna be down to my processor but that aside the main culprits for me seem to be Melodyne and Waves plugins.
Ymmv.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Bbd on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:23 pm
haraldsson wroteIt looks like it was one of the effects - Native Instruments Replika XT - that was the problem. I removed it from the song and now the song loads faster.

Thanks for that update.

Bbd

by Tacman7 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:07 am
Steve Carter wroteI’ve always found S1 to be slow loading a song. Sure! It’s ultimately gonna be down to my processor but that aside the main culprits for me seem to be Melodyne and Waves plugins.
Ymmv.

You need a cup of coffee? Load the generation guitar library and go get a cup.

The third party libraries for Kontakt can add several minutes to opening a song.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by gregghart on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:07 pm
So did you not have Replika XT loading in Cubase? Or does Studio One just not like Replika? I should try that. I don't think I've ever used Replika, but it came in my Komplete package.

I can tell you that WAVES bass instruments as well as EastWest libraries take a crazy amount of time to load...and I have them on SSD drives at that.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com

11 posts
Page 1 of 1