8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to get setup with a new AtomSQ in Studio One 5.2 and noticed that I can never get the status indicator to turn blue.

First, my specs: Windows 10 64bit - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - RAM 16.0 GB - Studio One (5.2) - ATOM SQ (firmware 1.15) - Novation LaunchKey25

I have Universal Control running with the latest firmware (v1.15) for the Atom SQ and it is running prior to opening Studio One. In Studio One, I have AtomSQ setup correctly in the External Devices like this:

atomsq_setup.jpg
AtomSQ setup with External Devices

In my editor, I have a track selected and ATOM SQ set as the instrument input.

With this setup, the ATOM SQ status indicator remains green.

It looks like I'm still missing something with the overall setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Michael

Specs: Windows 10 64bit - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - RAM 16.0 GB - Studio One (6) - StudioLive 32SX - 2x Earmix 16M - 2x NSB 8.8 - SW5E - 2x ERIS E5 XT - ATOM SQ - Novation LaunchKey25
by jonemery on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:25 pm
It looks like you have everything set up properly. I'm still having similar issues even after the latest firmware update. Sometimes it just doesn't turn blue when you start S1. I've even had the whole Atom SQ screen go blank on startup of S1 even with the indicator turning blue. I keep fiddling with various things to get it to reconnect but I can't say I have a definitive solution. I don't have any issues when using it as a controller with other software but the S1 link is buggy.

BTW I have a Launchpad X - wonder if that could be somehow interfering? I've never had an issue with it but haven't unplugged it when Atom SQ fails to properly connect.

You can try the following which I've done and so far, I have eventually been able to get it fixed.

Try:
Disconnecting USB cable
Restarting PC after cold shutdown
Clearing the option to "send to" Atom SQ (leave it blank)

Sometimes unchecking the send to Atom SQ fixes it and then I can recheck send to Atom SQ to get proper response but this doesn't consistently work. I'm guessing some kind of communication buffer between S1 and Atom SQ gets corrupted causing the problem and it has become a real issue that I have yet to trace the cause or consistent solution to fix.

Good luck. Maybe you can contact support if you never get a functioning link and they can see the problem. For me, it is intermittent which wastes everyone's time when trying to solve.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I5-8400 with 8 Gb DDR4 / 16 Gb Optane, Steinberg UR12, Atom SQ, Launchpad X, Lightpad M Blocks, Studio One 5, Unify
by PreAl on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:14 pm
The track itself, is input specifically set to SQ or all midi inputs? When you installed UC did you make sure Atom drivers were selected? And yes - reboot.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by michaelrodriguez45 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:20 pm
jonemery wroteTry:
Disconnecting USB cable

@PreAI: It's set to AtomSQ only which didn't seem to help fix the issue unfortunately. I did make sure the right drivers were installed when the AtomSQ was first setup, so I don't think that's it either.

@jonemery: I had tried restarting the computer previously which didn't help, but interestingly enough just unplugging and reconnecting the USB did fix the issue in this case. I kept the settings the same and the light is blue now on the AtomSQ. Thanks! SOLVED (for now)!

Specs: Windows 10 64bit - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - RAM 16.0 GB - Studio One (6) - StudioLive 32SX - 2x Earmix 16M - 2x NSB 8.8 - SW5E - 2x ERIS E5 XT - ATOM SQ - Novation LaunchKey25
by PreAl on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:27 pm
michaelrodriguez45 wrote
jonemery wroteTry:
Disconnecting USB cable

@PreAI: It's set to AtomSQ only which didn't seem to help fix the issue unfortunately. I did make sure the right drivers were installed when the AtomSQ was first setup, so I don't think that's it either.

@jonemery: I had tried restarting the computer previously which didn't help, but interestingly enough just unplugging and reconnecting the USB did fix the issue in this case. I kept the settings the same and the light is blue now on the AtomSQ. Thanks! SOLVED (for now)!

Drivers have kicked in. Doubt you will see the issue again.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by michaelrodriguez45 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:33 pm
Thanks, PreAI! Hope you're right. :)

by jonemery on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:07 pm
PreAl wroteDrivers have kicked in. Doubt you will see the issue again.

Unfortunately, it is an ongoing issue. I only use the PC for music so minimal changes to drivers, etc. It usually connects when S1 loads but sometimes it doesn't. I doubt it had anything to do with the driver installation.

Anyway, if you have the problem again - report back. These forums can help all of us try to figure out the root cause.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I5-8400 with 8 Gb DDR4 / 16 Gb Optane, Steinberg UR12, Atom SQ, Launchpad X, Lightpad M Blocks, Studio One 5, Unify
by PreAl on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:16 pm
jonemery wrote
PreAl wroteDrivers have kicked in. Doubt you will see the issue again.

Unfortunately, it is an ongoing issue. I only use the PC for music so minimal changes to drivers, etc. It usually connects when S1 loads but sometimes it doesn't. I doubt it had anything to do with the driver installation.

Anyway, if you have the problem again - report back. These forums can help all of us try to figure out the root cause.

I've had it one time only.
If it's ongoing you might want to...
Check your USB bios settings, maybe a setting in there.
Update your chipset drivers for your motherboard
Update your motherboard bios.
And of course make sure Atom firmware and drivers are up to date.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1