13 posts
Page 1 of 1
This should be easy but I can't find a way to move a note by a semitone in score view. Should have a key command.

Mac Studio Ultra
128 GB Ram
Ventura 13.2
Studio One v6
by Tacman7 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 am
Up and down arrows do that to any notes you select

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by StuBabe on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:07 am
The arrow keys increase/decrease to the next note in the scale. I've tried all the modifier keys. I can't turn an A in an A#/B-flat.

Mac Studio Ultra
128 GB Ram
Ventura 13.2
Studio One v6
by Tacman7 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:22 pm
So you need to have scale on?

----------
The Note Editor has independent settings similar to those in the Audio Editor. While Quantize affects the horizontal time-value snapping, the Note Editor also features Scale (vertical note-value) snapping. The Scale settings allow snapping to specific note values within different musical scales.

The Scale function must be enabled in Piano view. First click its toggle switch, then select a scale by choosing the starting note and the musical scale in the respective selectors. The notes contained in the selected scale are marked on the Note Editor's keyboard display, as well as in the single-octave keyboard display above the Scale selector.

If you want existing notes to conform to a scale you have just selected, first select the notes, then select Apply Scale from the Action menu in the Note Editor toolbar. This can be done in Piano view or Drum view, and the change is applied instantly in Score view.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by IanM5 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:48 pm
Tacman7 wroteSo you need to have scale on?

----------
The Note Editor has independent settings similar to those in the Audio Editor. While Quantize affects the horizontal time-value snapping, the Note Editor also features Scale (vertical note-value) snapping. The Scale settings allow snapping to specific note values within different musical scales.

The Scale function must be enabled in Piano view. First click its toggle switch, then select a scale by choosing the starting note and the musical scale in the respective selectors. The notes contained in the selected scale are marked on the Note Editor's keyboard display, as well as in the single-octave keyboard display above the Scale selector.

If you want existing notes to conform to a scale you have just selected, first select the notes, then select Apply Scale from the Action menu in the Note Editor toolbar. This can be done in Piano view or Drum view, and the change is applied instantly in Score view.

Actually, I think he might need to turn scale off or set a chromatic sale if that is possible.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by StuBabe on Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:51 pm
I do not have scale on. The key command cmd-shft-arrow mentioned in the manual moves the note to the next note in the scale. Same as using just the arrow keys. Setting scale to chromatic doesn't work either.

Mac Studio Ultra
128 GB Ram
Ventura 13.2
Studio One v6
by Tacman7 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:07 pm
So arrow keys by themselves doesn't do this?

MoveNotes.gif

Forum Moderator.

by StuBabe on Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:15 pm
No problem in the piano roll. The arrow keys move like in your video. The problem is in score view. I can't turn an F into an F#.

Mac Studio Ultra
128 GB Ram
Ventura 13.2
Studio One v6
by Tacman7 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:34 pm
Ok, sorry, takes me a while sometimes and I never work in score.

Arrows won't add accidentals true.

Seems like you could have a macro to add a sharp or flat.

Forum Moderator.

by patricemazmanian on Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:09 am
Everything is written in the manual !

Up / down arrow: diatonic
Shift + up / down arrow: +/- 1 octave
Ctrl + up / down arrow: chromatic

If you are on mac, I believe it is the "Command" key which replaces "Ctrl"

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by Tacman7 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:00 am
Doh!

Homer.jpg
Homer.jpg (5.63 KiB) Viewed 2524 times

Forum Moderator.

by jBranam on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:43 am
isn't the 'score' governed by the key signatures? or does the signature change with the addition of an 'oddity' in the score itself? if the signature governs the score then note placement would have to fall within it i would suppose.

i'd think if there is no sharp (or flat) in the signature then you can't add a sharp (or flat) unless the signature changes.

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Tacman7 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:57 am
Ya, I didn't try the modifiers usually do as a matter of course.

But holding down control and hitting arrows will get you a chromatic scale.

Forum Moderator.

13 posts
Page 1 of 1