1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi all.

I've got a whole plethora of recorded acoustic drum tracks for songs, all recorded at the same tracking sessions/drumkit/gear/drummer. Drums are consistently the same 10 tracks for the whole kit and room sounds.

I'm looking for a workflow to break these songs up into their component parts of 4, 8,12, 16, 24 bars, intro, outro, etc. and keep them grouped across all the individual drum tracks so I can re-arrange, reuse them easily as groups of tracks. The same groups of drum tracks could have different post-production treatment for different songs.

Sadly, the arranger track and "ripple" have a limitation where the decay of one section carries on to the first beat or so of the next section, and the ripple would slice the decay when moved. Cymbal and room reverb decay, and tom ring being the most obvious. I'm finding it easier to manage any artifacts with letting the drum/cymbal ring than using cross-fades.

I'm happy have multiple sets of drum tracks as they fade in and out of each section when compiling a new song, that's easy enough to manage collapsed within a group track.

But to store these song snippets and keep the tracks grouped but separate? And a smart way of storing them as a library to import into new songs?

open to any ideas.

thanks for having an interest.

Cheers

Gear: Presonus Studio1824C, Lenovo IdeaPad L340
Monitors: Yamaha HS80m, ATC SCM40

1 post
Page 1 of 1