7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am somewhat new to Studio One. I have been using Mixcraft, which is a very easy program, but I have issues with it crashing and glitching. Anyway, I have a song that I have recorded in Studio One 5. I have set the beginning and end markers for the mixdown. When I mix down the track, either as an MP3 or as a WAV file, the file that is produced will not play on my computer through any music player I have installed. If I mix down as a track, it will play in Studio One. However, the mixed MP3 or WAV file does not play as a stand alone file. I have tried rebooting and restarting Studio One. I have also tried just about every setting in the mix down tool, including all of the bit rates, sample sizes, etc. None of them work. Again, it creates a file, but the file has nothing but song length static and crackling noises.

As noted above, this is fairly new to me, so I am likely missing something somewhere. If anyone has a recommendation, please let me know.

I am using Studio One 5 Pro on a Windows computer running Windows 10 and an I7 processor, if it matters. I have not contacted Studio One support yet. I'm hoping somebody here can say "oh, you forgot to..." and I'll be good! :)
by Bbd on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 am
Can your PC play any MP3 or wave files not created in Studio One?
Can you attach one of your MP3 mix downs to a post here so I can test on my end?
Can you copy any dong files to a USB stick and play it on a different system?
Please post your current versions with your specs.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by BoneDigger on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:07 pm
Thanks fro the reply. To answer some of your questions:

1) I have tried playing the file on other computers and other music players. None of them will play the MP3 file.
2) My computer is playing other MP3 files just fine, including those from mixes on Mixcraft.
3) I will have to read up on how to insert an audio file here. Does it require Soundcloud, etc.?
4) I installed Studio One 5 only a few days ago. I will check, but it should be the latest version.
5) My computer specs are in my signature.

CORSAIR ONE Compact Gaming Desktop, Liquid-Cooled Intel Core i7-7700, GTX 1070, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 32GB DDR4 RAM
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card
Windows 10 operating system
Studio One 5.x
RME USB Fireface external audio card/controller
Yamaha HS8 (pair) reference monitors
by Lokeyfly on Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:31 pm
What would SoundCloud have to do with anything when toure mixing down? That mixdow file should be in your mixdown folder in the song you saved it in. As long as the level didn't peak in the red, or were way too low, or you just didn't output to the mains or some thing that just went amuck, then it should have mixed down properly. You may want to try a basic few tracks first, since it's only been a few days you started with Studio One. It sounds like you marked things correctly with either loop, or start and end markers. Perhaps you're looking in a wrong song folder we can only guess.

Perhaps watch a few mixdown tutorials, just to make sure you are following the correct steps (there's only a few to get audable results). Take a breather and just make sure you have the right process going. We can only guess at this point, so as Bbd mentioned, if you'd like someone here to proof the file and see if is working, corrupt, empty, etc, many here will properly guide you. Until then, go with small moves. Even just a stereo file just to get up and going. Good luck.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by BoneDigger on Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:40 pm
Thank you lokeyfly. Actually, I was responding to the notion of posting my mixed down MP3 here on this site. I was asking how it would be posted here and if it requires soundcloud. Soundcloud has nothing to do with my mixdown.

I am going to post an update shotly. I was able to fix the issue by reinstalling Studio One.

CORSAIR ONE Compact Gaming Desktop, Liquid-Cooled Intel Core i7-7700, GTX 1070, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 32GB DDR4 RAM
Studio One 5.x
by BoneDigger on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:05 pm
Thanks for the replies. So, after much frustration, I simply deleted Studio One and reinstalled it. I don't know if I had a bad install earlier or what, but it's working fine now. The previous files still will not play, but the new ones I made will.

Studio One 5.x
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 am
Awesome, reinstall fixed it! Thanks for following up. Enjoy!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

7 posts
Page 1 of 1