3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey, basic question...

I'd like to

Send the output from one track A having the Chorder plugin to another midi track B. Track B has a arpeggiator plugin (Blue) and Blue should be receiving the chord tones coming from Chorder on track A .

So, musically speaking track A plays the underlying chords while the arp on track B creates a melody that goes along with the chord tones.

See attached pic ;)

Thanks a lot!

S1 pro v5.2

Attachments
preso.PNG
by patrickbushaw on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:54 am
Quick pic from S1 V4 (dunno if this changed for V5 - wouldn't think so)
Input selection enables chain
track of chord gen to arp to audio device
S1_ChordTrack-Arp-Audio Chain.jpg
by Tacman7 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:50 am
There's no mechanism to get midi from one track to another built into S1.

Many instruments have a midi out. So if you use one of those then you can move midi from one track to another.

I put an arpeggiator plugin on a track which is where I put whole note midi chords.

The results of the arpeggiator goes to another track where you would have an instrument to make the sounds you need.

That track you would need to choose the arpeggiator as your input source.

That's how you can tell if a plugin has midi output turned on, there will be an input for it in your inputs.

Some plugins have midi output but it's turned off by default. So those you turn the midi out on inside the plugin.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

3 posts
Page 1 of 1