My PC Specs:
Windows 10 Professional 64bit / Version 20H2 Build 19042.867
8Gigs ram
AMD R7 370 Graphics 2Gigs ram
AMD FX - 4100 Quad Core Processor 3.6GHz
Akai EIE 16bit Audio Interface
1x 24" Monitor HD Connection
1x 21" Monitor VGA Connection

I am running both Studio One, FL Studio, and Notion 6 on this PC, but never at the same time, except recently when trying the new rewire feature between Studio one and Notion 6.
I upgraded to a dual monitor set up yesterday, one with an HD connection and one with a VGA connection, both connected to a graphics card with its own dedicated ram. Once everything was set up and ready to go, suddenly the ASIO drivers just failed on me. First the ASIO4All drivers (latest 2_14), and then the FL studio ASIO drivers, making all the DAWs nonresponsive.
I tried everything from Google to YouTube and nothing has worked, I made sure that the settings on the PC were set up correctly because I read that this can cause an issue for recording and playback. But it was never a problem before, and those settings had never needed to be played with.

However, after tinkering, the FL Studio ASIO drivers started working, but the ASIO4All drivers for Studio One just keep blinking red with that exclamation mark and it will not stop. There is no sound and no movement in either Studio One or Notion 6. But if I default to using the windows sound drivers then Studio One and Notion 6 seem to work, but this doesn't seem right or optimal. My Audio interface is working fine although it uses Windows generic drivers, it is installed correctly, and in all other cases it provides perfect sound rendering.

Please could anyone advise me on how to get ASIO4All back to where it was?

Thank you,
cliff.
by AAV on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 am
Not a fan of ASIO4ALL but what version are you using? They have a new Beta specifically for what they claim is a Windows 10 bug - https://www.asio4all.org/downloads_11/ASIO4ALL_2_15(Beta1)_English.exe

Curious why you are using ASIO4ALL at all - There are "windows 10" drivers for your EIE -
Wondering if you've given those a try? https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/download/file/572/product/49/ (They are 64 bit Windows 8.1 and 10, so not new but I would say if they work they are a better option than ASIO4ALL. Just my opinion

Studio One 6.5.2 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 22H2
by cliffblack on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:45 am
Thank you AAV for your helpful response.

I did find those Windows drivers for the Akai EIE, but sadly they are for the Pro version, and when I tried to install them I was told to get lost basically.
But the point you make about not needing to use ASIO4All is interesting, because Windows did install drivers for my version of the Akai EIE, and they worked when ASIO4All failed. I just wasn't sure if it was a good idea to use them, but going by what you have said, it may not be a bad thing.

I will however download the Beta version of ASIO4All that you have kindly provided, as the version I am using is 2_14, which I think is older. It can't hurt to try and see what happens.
Thanks again,
cliff
by PreAl on Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:09 am
Edit... Nevermind.
Seems that the non pro version you must use ASIO4All, that sucks, I would consider buying another interface..

https://www.akaipro.com/eie

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:05 am
ASIO4all is fine for the times you need an ASIO driver with that certain something that doesn't come with dedicated ASIO drivers (my Marshall CODE 50 as an example). It's not my main audio interface, but an auxiliary tracking device where no other EIE driver worked.

To adjust your ASIO4ALL, open the expanded view and set the input to your existing audio driver from your PC. Not sure if you tried that, but the left side arrows open up, and there you will be able to check on what devices ASIO4ALL are seeing. Compare that to your PC device and that the same device is used. Then restart ASIO4ALL over again (important). Also in Studio One Options, be sure to set enable audio in external devices on, as you are using Rewire. You may have inadvertently turned it off. That won't make ASIO4ALL turn red, but it's an additional check.

If by chance you need a prime audio interface for all of your needs, you'll then want one with a dedicated driver for that device.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

5 posts
Page 1 of 1