2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm a voiceover artist and use Studio One 4 as my DAW. I often need to post process files to reach a certain loudness standard, for which I use the normalize process in Audio Batch Converter. Recently I discovered that when I do this with a VBR MP3, it creates a new file with CBR close to the average bit rate of the VBR input. I can't figure out how to make Audio Batch Converter create a VBR MP3 as the output. Even choosing MP3 as the type in the Output Format in the rack doesn't allow the option. Anyone know how to get around this?
by Vocalpoint on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:57 pm
quentinhudspeth wrote Even choosing MP3 as the type in the Output Format in the rack doesn't allow the option. Anyone know how to get around this?

Yep.

I am a voiceover artist using S1 as my daily driver.

And I am assuming the "files" you speak of - are being created by you...

My first recommendation it to leave the MP3 part as the very last thing you do.

Secondly - and most importantly - is to always record to .wav and save that .wav as your final (lossless) master.

Thirdly - plug that .wav in the Batch Convertor and apply your "delivery" processing (volume leveling etc) and your output format (MP3) for final delivery.

It does not surprise me that the ABP won't accept an MP3 as it would result in a brutal file output that is an MP3 converted again to MP3. Not good...for obvious reasons.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM

2 posts
Page 1 of 1