18 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently bought NI Polyscape, only to find I'd misread/misunderstood the requirements :roll: , that I need full version of Kontakt 6 - I like the sound of Polyscape, but would really rather not be using it in DEMO mode :D

As it happens, because earlier I had bought NI Exhale, I can crossgrade to get Kontakt 6 full version for £220-odd (it is better than the full version which is £360), but £220 is still a bit daunting :(

So, as in the title, is it worth getting full version of Kontakt 6 (and not just for Polyscape's sake!) for £220?

I've already got the Komplete 11 Select bundle, so I got Komplete Kontrol, plus a number of instruments.

What's with NI's obsession with K anyway? ;)

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by Tacman7 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:00 am
Ya I had Komplete select early version of some sort and I could upgrade to standard Komplete with Kontact 6 in it.

Think I had to pay $400 which was the cost of Kontact.

I did this for the Indiginus libraries, that I wanted. There are some good deals out there.

https://www.indiginus.com/

Now days I don't use it that much but good to have when you need it.

A few things.

The 3rd party libraries load a lot slower, some a lot lot slower. Probably why I don't use them so much.

Point two: a lot of 3rd party libraries are economical, kind of neat to try out all this stuff.

But I found the libraries I would up using the most didn't run in kontact.

Back to you get what you pay for. Good libraries are worth paying for.

I didn't like paying so much for kontact so I was ok with upgrading to a better Komplete.

I still haven't installed half the stuff that came with that. Kind to neat to install something new every once in a while instead of buying something.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by leosutherland on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:50 am
So you reckon it would be a good thing to go for? :thumbup:

...said Halo

Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

Windows 10 x64 (22H2)

by leosutherland on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:28 am
leosutherland wroteI've already got the Komplete 11 Select bundle, so I got Komplete Kontrol, plus a number of instruments.

What's with NI's obsession with K anyway? ;)

Sorry, correction, it's actually Komplete 12 Select

...said Halo

Windows 10 x64 (22H2)

by Lokeyfly on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:44 am
leosutherland wroteI .....What's with NI's obsession with K anyway? ;)

Well, they're a German based company. K is an integral part of the "C" sound in German. It's also far more phonetic than English (pronounced as it spells). My wife is born and raised Austian. When I read something German, she says "You are speaking perfect German (Deutch)". Someday, I hope I actually know what it is that I'm reading. Possibly in English as well. :)

I thought Komplete 12 came with the latest version of Kontakt. I'm looking to upgrade to 13, so I'll check if that includes Kontakt 6.

OK, checked. Kontakt 6 comes with Komplete 13. I just read Tacman clarified. Didn't mean to step on any points made (blush).
Go for it Leo. I wonder if NI will discount you better than the $200 upgrade since you picked up Komplete 12 fairly recently.

Also go to their website and see if the K6 is updatable there to your version.

Email them. NI has very good customer service. When I ported my stuff over to my new computer a few months ago, I was very impressed how helpful they were.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by leosutherland on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am
Lokeyfly wroteWell, they're a German based company. K is an integral part of the "C" sound in German. It's also far more phonetic than English (pronounced as it spells). My wife is born and raised Austian. When I read something German, she says "You are speaking perfect German (Deutch)". Someday, I hope I actually know what it is that I'm reading. Possibly in English as well. :)

Good when someone gives an explanation :thumbup:

Lokeyfly wrote
Go for it Leo. I wonder if NI will discount you better than the $200 upgrade since you picked up Komplete 12 fairly recently.

I think probably not, sadly, but I'l have a looksee.

...said Halo

Windows 10 x64 (22H2)

by Tacman7 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:51 am
Ya the Komplete Select has Kontact player not full version.

The Komplete that's $599 and above have full version.

I recommend it, just pointing out the caveats.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:04 pm
Hi Leo,
Scroll down to Komplete 12 (midway down, 2nd column). There you can see what is new when upgrading to 13.

Komplete select and other versions are listed as well.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-13/whats-new-for-me/

Be well. I'll let you know when I get 13. Will be in about two months as I'm presently in the middle of a project.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by j0001s on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:02 pm
NI usually does half price sales on the Komplete line in June that includes upgrades. With the recent sale of NI (the company, I mean), I wouldn't bet that this will continue. But given that June ain't that far away, you might want to hold out.

I can't answer whether Komplete or Kontakt is worth it for you. I certainly have found it worthwhile.

I picked up Komplete 8 on the June sale some years ago. Though they add more to the bundle yearly, I've been finding that every other year there's been enough to tempt me. $99 (again, on sale) for the upgrade is great value.
by rolandsippel on Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:03 am
leosutherland wroteAs it happens, because earlier I had bought NI Exhale, I can crossgrade to get Kontakt 6 full version for £220-odd (it is better than the full version which is £360), but £220 is still a bit daunting :(

If you are not in a hurry, wait for the summer sale or Black Friday, you get it for ~£120 crossgrade at this sales period ;)

by leosutherland on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:23 am
rolandsippel wrote
leosutherland wroteAs it happens, because earlier I had bought NI Exhale, I can crossgrade to get Kontakt 6 full version for £220-odd (it is better than the full version which is £360), but £220 is still a bit daunting :(

If you are not in a hurry, wait for the summer sale or Black Friday, you get it for ~£120 crossgrade at this sales period ;)

Not in any particular hurry, no - I can wait a month or so. It's not like I didn't have enough synths to play with :D

...said Halo

Windows 10 x64 (22H2)

by kenstrahl on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 am
I would recommend getting the full version oh Kontakt, but yes if you can wait for a sale.

The full version gives you access to all Kontakt libs. Some devs don’t want to pay the extra $$ (which is passed on to the customer) so their product will work in the Kontakt player and others will offer both player and full versions of their libs, the full version being offered at quite a discount compared to the player version.

What I really appreciated, though, is the number of free libraries available for the full version. Yes, for a lot of them you get what you pay for, but there are gems, especially the guys who turn odd things into percussion instruments. A couple I’ve used recently were titled “Dumpster Percussion” and “Dryer Drum of Death” which fit perfectly in my project. The freebies are usually only available for a short time so they appear and disappear very quickly.

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 250 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Keystaton 61 Studio1 4, DP9, Mixcraft 8; EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
by Lokeyfly on Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:37 am
kenstrahl wroteI would recommend getting the full version oh Kontakt, but yes if you can wait for a sale.

The full version gives you access to all Kontakt libs. Some devs don’t want to pay the extra $$ (which is passed on to the customer) so their product will work in the Kontakt player and others will offer both player and full versions of their libs, the full version being offered at quite a discount compared to the player version.

What I really appreciated, though, is the number of free libraries available for the full version. Yes, for a lot of them you get what you pay for, but there are gems, especially the guys who turn odd things into percussion instruments. A couple I’ve used recently were titled “Dumpster Percussion” and “Dryer Drum of Death” which fit perfectly in my project. The freebies are usually only available for a short time so they appear and disappear very quickly.

It has nothing to do with upgrading from Kontakt player. Though the title of the post can be a little misleading. He has the full version of Kontakt. Just not the version 6 for what he just purchased which requires Kontakt v6. It's Since he has Komplete 12, Komplete 13 would be the logical choice over trying to obtain only Kontakt 6. Though perhaps there's a roundabout way of getting Kontakt 6 alone, I'm not aware of it that would justify a good price. ;)

Leo,
Sure, a sale is good to watch for. Though 13 is relatively new, don't expect drastic sales until late summer or fall.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by leosutherland on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:58 am
Well, as I said, I'm not in any hurry - it's a thing I'd like to get in the fullness of time, when the moment is right, at the correct juncture..... sorry, ran out of quotes from Yes Minister :D

Thanks for you guys' comments - I was mostly convinced to begin with, but it doesn't hurt to get second opinions (I asked a long while ago about getting Omnisphere, which I didn't get because ppls opinions seemed to be 50% each way - and there was always the damage done to my wallet to consider)

Anyhoo, I got plenty of toys to play with in the meantime :thumbup:

...said Halo

Windows 10 x64 (22H2)

by IanM5 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:46 pm
You have to decide for yourself but for me I decided it was not worth it. The price of Kontakt is quite high and most of the decent libraries are also pricy. If I was into orchestral scoring then I think it would be worthwhile but I'm not. There are some really interesting libraries and instruments for Kontakt but there are also plenty of VST alternatives at a much more palatable price. Before any big purchase I always ask myself "what else can I get for the money?" and also "how much will I actually use it?" I have been tempted by various Komplete upgrades in the past but I think I would not use most of the stuff that comes with it.

Omnisphere 2, on the other hand, is right up my street. It's probably the most expensive bit of software I have bought but I use it on almost everything. I probably shouldn't mention it on here but I used a pirated copy for about a year and then there was a sale which brought the price down to a more affordable price so I pounced, happy to get rid of the last "dodgy" bit of music software in my arsenal.

If you decide to go for Kontakt or Komplete then definitely, definitely wait for a sale. They have crazy discounts now and then.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Lokeyfly on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:43 pm
I uograde Komplete about every 3rd or 4th version. There's plenty to work from that way and you won't be disappointed as there's enough new goodies. With adding a few other libraries out there, you get to wet your whistle with some completely (Kompletely?) different samples or modelled sources. Arturia's V collection is like having a museum housing some of the most iconic synths and keyboards from the last 40 years. And some very expensive ones at that. The V collection unlocks every parameter which is insanely more control than Analog Lab which is still quite usable.

Other than that, you have only your imagination to unlock. There's always Sample One to explore your own samples with, as well. Unique to anything.
Just keep Polyscape on the back burner until you can strike when the iron's hot.

Enjoy!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by tomscheutzlich on Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:56 am
leosutherland wroteWhat's with NI's obsession with K anyway? ;)

Bekause it's Tekkno ;)

I'd go for a full Kontakt license only if I'd want to use its comprehensive editing capabilities.
But that's just my 2ct.

Tom Scheutzlich
QA Manager, PreSonus Software Ltd, Hamburg, Germany
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
MacBook Air (M2, 2022), Lenovo ThinkPad E15 G4 Ryzen 7 dual boot Win 11 + Ubuntu Studio 23.04 / Mac mini (M1, 2020) / Samsung U32J59x 31,5" 4K (3840 × 2160) / macOS 14 Beta Path / PreSonus ioStation24c / Korg MS-20 + SQ-1 / moog Opus 3 / Arturia Minibrute / misc plugs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
some audible fun stuff: https://soundcloud.com/317wurst/tracks
by billsaunders1 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:58 am
About four years ago, I agonised over whether to get Kontakt - I ended up buying Omnisphere rather than Kontakt and I use it all the time. It is great for my needs. If you are interested, here is a link to a thread where I got bucket load of advice:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/The-wonderful-world-of-VST-instruments-m3651492.aspx

https://billsaunders.hearnow.com/

https://genius.com/artists/Bill-saunders

https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders

Studio One Pro5.5 Win11 64bit i7-12700 32GB ram, FaderPort 16, Focusrite 8i6 3rd gen

18 posts
Page 1 of 1